• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Austin Proehl is a tarheel

His dad was a great Deacon. I'm sorry he won't be one, too, but best of luck to the young man anyway.

Dude sucks. In the words of UNC, we didnt want him anyway. Saved us a scholarship, since we didnt have to waste one just b/c his dad was good here almost 25 years ago.

Wait, is THE PDogg?

I can understand wanting to play somewhere outside of your dad's shadow. Good luck to him.

Correct. Totally up to the kid and where they want to go to school in general. Not up to the parent. The kid is the one who has to be happy.

Rusty LaRue wouldn't have let his son go to chapel hill.

Ricky shouldn't wander around wake anytime the next 4 years. One of our icons will be wearing that awful shade of blue when we play them in 2 years.

Cut the ties.

Aren't we demolishing the current locker room thanks to Clabo's donation? We should remove the name Proehl entirely.

I hope Camp breaks all of his records.

Umm, no.

Exactly!

We had an AA baseball player's son who did not go here. He got the game winning hit a few years back in the CWS and I am proud as punch for him. Guys go where it is best for them to go to school and play ball.

Exactly!

We had an AA baseball player's son who did not go here. He got the game winning hit a few years back in the CWS and I am proud as punch for him. Guys go where it is best for them to go to school and play ball.

Yeah because he'll get a better free education as an athlete at UNC. :rolleyes

Tough recruiting hit, IMO. He'll be a great recruit host who can tell players if they come to CH they can train at Proehlific Park in the offseason.

Exactly!

I have ZERO problem with Whit Merrifield going to a big time baseball school like South Carolina and winning a national championship. Especially given the way our program has looked.

I DO have a problem with a Proehl going to one of our arch rivals in a sport they're not even good at. Especially when that family all went to Wake. He now becomes a recruiting pitch.

"Know that great WR from Wake? Yeah... he didn't even send his son there! He sent him to chapel hill!"

Austin is lucky our game is in chapel hill. he would be boo'd (or should be) in Winston.

Exactly!

Big difference when the son of a former WFU great goes to USC for baseball, versus going to UNC for football.

I didn't realize Whit Merrifield went to USC, I thought he went to South Carolina. Seems like a long way from home, but I can certainly see the appeal of hanging with Song Girls in Southern California.

I have ZERO problem with Whit Merrifield going to a big time baseball school like South Carolina and winning a national championship. Especially given the way our program has looked.

I DO have a problem with a Proehl going to one of our arch rivals in a sport they're not even good at. Especially when that family all went to Wake. He now becomes a recruiting pitch.

"Know that great WR from Wake? Yeah... he didn't even send his son there! He sent him to chapel hill!"

Austin is lucky our game is in chapel hill. he would be boo'd (or should be) in Winston.

No problem with Austin not coming to Wake. Why would he want to play for the worst coordinator in college football? Choosing UNC is deplorable in itself, regardless of where his father went.

What this really shows is how shitty our program is that he wouldn't want to go to the same place his dad was a star at. Austin is not the one who should feel heat from Wake fans.

I didn't realize Whit Merrifield went to USC, I thought he went to South Carolina. Seems like a long way from home, but I can certainly see the appeal of hanging with Song Girls in Southern California.

I thought JTT went to Southern Cal. I don't know how far it is, ask him.

It's not really common for legends to follow their folks, is it. Jordan's kids didn't go to Carolina. I can certainly understand wanting to pave your own path outside of your dad's shadow.

It's not really common for legends to follow their folks, is it. Jordan's kids didn't go to Carolina. I can certainly understand wanting to pave your own path outside of your dad's shadow.

Jordan's kids couldn't carry the water cooler at Carolina.

You're arguing apples. Other are discussing oranges.

Back