• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Austin Proehl is a tarheel

Maybe it's a girlfriend thing, maybe he wants to be an engineer or basket weaver, or he's rebelling against his parents. What ever the reason is, he went. He's not going to flip. I'm sure Ricky will wear his Panther gear to his games. We just better whip'em in '15.

Maybe it's a girlfriend thing, maybe he wants to be an engineer or basket weaver, or he's rebelling against his parents. What ever the reason is, he went. He's not going to flip. I'm sure Ricky will wear his Panther gear to his games. We just better whip'em in '15.

Maybe he's been looking for a top notch Swahili program.

Who cares? Don't pretend like there weren't other reasons for choosing UNC that we don't know about. Besides, who would want to play for Lobo anyway? He's a loser

Pretty sure personalizing emails/letters to recruits is not legal...OH BUT LOOKY HERE

BQYxBmSCMAE58Gg.jpg:large

I don't blame the kid. I blame Wake. We should have been in the driver's seat and didn't get it done.

I don't blame the kid. I blame Wake. We should have been in the driver's seat and didn't get it done.

We have much better prospects lined up. Not really sure wake would have even touched him had it not been for his last name.

Seriously...why go to a school where you have to go to class and abide by NCAA rules when you can go to Carolina?

Is Brewer on decent terms with Wake? Has there ever been any interest in bringing him back?

Pretty sure personalizing emails/letters to recruits is not legal...OH BUT LOOKY HERE

BQYxBmSCMAE58Gg.jpg:large

Goddamit, I was trying to be cool about this but that poster makes me fucking sick. Never thought I'd see Proehl's name on a fucking Tar Heel shitbucket. Hell, I even have a Proehl Bears jersey; what Ricky has done for WF is huge. Why the fuck is his son going over to the dark side? Makes me sick.

I don't think we were extremely hot on him for the first part of his recruitment. It's not like he was a 5-star or anything. We offered him a few months back and did the best we could (I mean he is Ricky's son), but he always wanted to go to UNC. When they offered he jumped and went.

There wasn't much we could do. His dream school was UNC and not Wake Forest. That's a huge recruiting disadvantage, even if his dad is Ricky.

Yet another side effect of the total shitstorm that has been our athletic department over the last 4 or 5 years. If there had been excitement around Wake sports over that period of time Austin would have been around that and would have wanted to be around it during his own career.

His dream school was UNC and not Wake Forest. That's a huge recruiting disadvantage, even if his dad is Ricky.

But that's just it: how does that happen? How does your "dream school" become one that is so anathematic to your dad's alma mater, the school you grew up around?? My girls aren't followers of college sports but they know that Duke and UNC are shit and beyond consideration for anything.

I think some people need to take a step back from the computer for a few minutes. Apparently Ricky Proehl was comfortable enough letting his son make his own decision, and Ricky is the only person involved in Wake Forest athletics that Austin owes anything to. Certainly not any of us. The indignation over the college choice of a 17-18 year kid is a bit over the top.

Back