• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_Me_Home,_Country_Roads

Virginia, Maryland, New England...basically it's not about West Virginia at all.

John Denver had never been to West Virginia, either.

dumb-and-dumber-john-denver.gif

For a state that's supposedly a declining hellhole California certainly seems to be doing rather well economically. An economy the size of the UK? Impressive.

True size and latitude of the UK in North America

ahvaccjcwnv81.jpg

It's amazing to me how relatively warm the UK is for It's latitude. Warm Atlantic currents flowt to UK. There are palm trees in Ireland.

yeah european latitude always throws me. I never get used to the idea that Rome is about the same latitude as Boston and Paris close to Winnipeg

That’s why Europe is fucked if the ocean currents do slow as they appear to be doing. Europe turns into a frozen wasteland.

True size and latitude of the UK in North America

ahvaccjcwnv81.jpg

It's amazing to me how relatively warm the UK is for It's latitude. Warm Atlantic currents flowt to UK. There are palm trees in Ireland.

My memories of Ireland:

Cold, dam cold Sleeting on July 4th cold.
Sheep
Green
Dallas Maverick gear and when I asked, it's because Boston sells out when it gets to the shop
Ribs that are boiled before grilling so that the bone is soft. No bite and pull the meat off the bone, the bone melts in your mouth.
A real coffin in a pub for a wake.

Back