• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

0h6qevbi75p81.png

Someone's conflating Deep South with South. I had suitemates tell me that, as a Virginian, I was not Southern. ??

In Richmond, sweet tea is hard to find. Ergo, not the south.

that WAS a good read. i now think we should stay as is. i had to fix 3 whole clocks in my house....on the oven and 2 old digital clocks. Everything else fixes itself.

Yeah I remember my grandfather used to walk around the house with an old atomic clock and change the all the clocks in his house so they had the same time. It would take him around an hour. Now it’s just the stove. Even the microwave automatically adjusts at our house.

0h6qevbi75p81.png

Someone's conflating Deep South with South. I had suitemates tell me that, as a Virginian, I was not Southern. ??

No. You're either a Yankee wannabe from Fairfax County and surrounding areas, a Hillbilly, or a weirdo from someplace else in the state.

But whoever drew that red line is either an idiot or trying to be provocative. Best to ignore it.

The guy who redlined that map may want to remind himself where the capital of the Confederacy was.

The guy who redlined that map may want to remind himself where the capital of the Confederacy was.

While true, culturally now, Virginia north of the James and in Tidewater feels much more mid-Atlantic than Southern. But once you get below the James, like Danville, Martinsville, Petersburg, South Boston, Emporia..., you start to get that failed old Southern town feeling. Hell, just drive down 29, and you still get greeted by that huge rebel flag once you get to Danville.

While true, culturally now, Virginia north of the James and in Tidewater feels much more mid-Atlantic than Southern. But once you get below the James, like Danville, Martinsville, Petersburg, South Boston, Emporia..., you start to get that failed old Southern town feeling. Hell, just drive down 29, and you still get greeted by that huge rebel flag once you get to Danville.

"Last capital of the confederacy, and damn proud of it"!

Well, I feel like I was grossly misled by the National Geographic photos I remember from middle school.

I could maybe get that with Russia. But Scandanavia? I'm not buying that.

You remember the Swedish bikini team right? I just assume that's representative of Scandinavia in general.

Back