• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

White parents have been teaching their kids about race at home for centuries. It has not gone well. Not 100% poorly, but poorly.

Also, my kids would absolutely say something like that.

Dude, we've got to meet up next time you all come to Orlando. I'll need to tell my wife we need to go meet up with my internet friend and his woke kids.

i'm not saying a 9yo white girl can't navigate their views to that position

i'm just skeptical when I see a parent posting something like that as a direct quote

doubly so when they tag someone with over 500k followers or use a hashtag

feels a bit exploitative too

my initial reaction as well, the post seems fake

you don't think brad has smart kids? what makes you think that?

It was the 19th century German poet, Heine, who stated that where one burns books, one will eventually burn people. prophetic indeed.

When are we going to learn white history?

I heard the whole thing. It's a good overview.

They’re trying to gut public education. They don’t care about replacing teachers. They want to use taxpayer money to support home schooling and private schools.

This is brilliant.

They’re trying to gut public education. They don’t care about replacing teachers. They want to use taxpayer money to support home schooling and private schools.

Oh no doubt. That's their long game and has been for awhile. I'm just referring to all those who have been saying for months that these CRT laws would not lead to what we're clearly seeing now. Of course it was going to lead to all these restrictions and micro-management and book bannings and everything else. And like a snowball rolling downhill it's getting worse very quickly.

They knew what was going to happen. They want it to happen. They just know that "thoughtful conservatives" can't be seen as openly hostile to public education and freedom of speech. Nobody here really thinks jhmd would allow his kids to go to a charter school where they read books about hateful angry white people screaming at Ruby Bridges.

Speaking of things moving quickly downhill. And as it states at the bottom someone wanted 4 books about racism removed and replaced with copies of the Bible. I'm sure that will solve everything!

Back