• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

In a board with Shoo, Milhouse and Brasky, Sailor is the asshole?

Interesting you picked only sailor instead of any of the others I mentioned. Yourself included.

In case you’re wondering, in my estimation you, Reff, and Angus post like bigger assholes than the three you mentioned.

Now we’re getting to the real heart of the matter.

Our own OGB Critical Poster Theory.

Interesting you picked only sailor instead of any of the others I mentioned. Yourself included.

In case you’re wondering, in my estimation you, Reff, and Angus post like bigger assholes than the three you mentioned.

Because of our posting style, and having nothing to do with ideology? I'm sure that is totally a coincidence.

EyjpvfhXIAMU9-q

Says the guy who calls all of us lubes

Let me try and slow this down. If name-calling is a sin, I'm guilty. I've done it on this thread. It's not a good form of argument, so let me be the first to accept the L here. If someone were to observe that part of my style, they would be within their rights to call that behavior out (and please do so, and feel free to quote this post). I will try to do a better job of refraining going forward.

My point here is not about "mean"; my point is about open-mindedness. If you think this board is open to conservative points of view, please kindly prove me wrong.

Let me try and slow this down. If name-calling is a sin, I'm guilty. I've done it on this thread. It's not a good form of argument, so let me be the first to accept the L here. If someone were to observe that part of my style, they would be within their rights to call that behavior out (and please do so, and feel free to quote this post). I will try to do a better job of refraining going forward.

My point here is not about "mean"; my point is about open-mindedness. If you think this board is open to conservative points of view, please kindly prove me wrong.

I think most posters here are open to legitimate academic debate of topics backed up by articles or facts. The problem with most topics here is they get derailed by various posters arguing with each other on personal manners or past posting issues.

The problem with legitimate policy debate here is reflective of general politics of today. Very few republican politicians act in a good faith manner in debating different topics; everything is turned into a team sport political war. It's not like Democrats are perfect and don't play politics either, but the only really policy goal of the modern Republican party currently is own the libs and gain power. The entire convention platform was we support Trump 100%. If you want to blame anyone for the breakout of rational debate, either here on this board or in real life blame the republican party.

What’s crazy is there’s plenty of legitimate academic debate, heated arguments, posters leaving in disgust when Junebug and jhmd aren’t in the thread. Then they come in like UNC and State fans trolling a Wake board and we dismiss them.

I'm definitely an asshole in 2021 to Republicans; on this board and in real life. Because you're fucking wrong. About everything. And you continue to double down on it.

It is not the days of Clinton and Bush anymore, the current Republican platform is to create a racial theocracy under the leadership of a slovenly, geriatric sex offender who made his fortune swindling and scamming people in the real estate market.

You deserve nothing but disdain, alienation, and shaming.

If it comes to violence, it comes to violence. I'm not living in your white nationalist utopia.

Last edited:
They’re going to give you shit for that last statement but violence is their main tool to gain power. And people like them will defend it. See the fascism thread as evidence.

Related:
Scientists excavating Tulsa Race Massacre site unearth skeleton with bullet wounds
The remains of 19 people were removed from a mass grave that may hold the bodies of victims of one of the country’s single worst episodes of racial violence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/06/26/tulsa-massacre-body-found-bullet/

“In June, after the excavation was resumed, scientists discovered 35 coffins in the unmarked mass grave. The remains of 19 people were taken to a science lab on-site, not far from the mass grave. So far, officials said, they have completed preliminary analysis on nine of those human remains.
“Five of those nine were juveniles,” said Phoebe Stubblefield, the lead forensic anthropologist working on the investigation. “The remaining four are adults. One was an older female. The others were adults who range in age from 30s to their 40s.””

Now we’re getting to the real heart of the matter.

Our own OGB Critical Poster Theory.

jhmd is illustrating the problems Adorno identified with the onset of "regressive listening" in mass society

I'm definitely an asshole in 2021 to Republicans; on this board and in real life. Because you're fucking wrong. About everything. And you continue to double down on it.

It is not the days of Clinton and Bush anymore, the current Republican platform is to create a racial theocracy under the leadership of a slovenly, geriatric sex offender who made his fortune swindling and scamming people in the real estate market.

You deserve nothing but disdain, alienation, and shaming.

If its comes to violence, it comes to violence. I'm not living in your white nationalist utopia.

As Marcuse before him, Brasky is merely illustrating the absurdity of invoking normalcy and civility in a "sick society." After all, what does it mean to be normal in a society as sick as ours, civil in a society as uncivil as ours, polite in a society as brutal as ours?

I think most posters here are open to legitimate academic debate of topics backed up by articles or facts. The problem with most topics here is they get derailed by various posters arguing with each other on personal manners or past posting issues.

The problem with legitimate policy debate here is reflective of general politics of today. Very few republican politicians act in a good faith manner in debating different topics; everything is turned into a team sport political war. It's not like Democrats are perfect and don't play politics either, but the only really policy goal of the modern Republican party currently is own the libs and gain power. The entire convention platform was we support Trump 100%. If you want to blame anyone for the breakout of rational debate, either here on this board or in real life blame the republican party.

This.

Nobody here should give a shit about trying to prove you wrong.

There are alot of formerly GOP posters on this board who have turned moderate democrat. Some can put on a top hat, grab the cane and rationalize how Mitt Romney's niece is the head of the gop, others can't.

Yep.

“Conservative points of view” in this country have sucked for some time now.

Honest conservatives can admit this.

Example: The manufactured “crisis” of CRT.

It’s hard though, because republicans have no actual policy proposals. Other than school choice and lower taxes the rest is all bullshit. Their CRT proposals are a bullshit response to a bullshit problem.

well now this isn't true at all. jh has a bunch of other policy proposals he'd like to discuss.

right jh? list some other policy proposals and we'll discuss them.

Back