• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

well now this isn't true at all. jh has a bunch of other policy proposals he'd like to discuss.

right jh? list some other policy proposals and we'll discuss them.

But he can't, because, well, he is busy relishing the fallout from a Republican potato head crisis that he supposedly doesn't support.

How ‘bout the “conservative points of view” surrounding the ACA?

Just another example of destructive dishonesty for the hope of political gain.

Fuck “conservative” politics anymore. It’s actually hazardous to our well being.

dcnelso’s couple of posts is 100% the answer to the supposed GOP exodus of these boards. Comprehending those responses and thinking honestly about them would be hard for someone as insecure as jh, so naturally they were ignored.

As hazardous as an unstable public school teacher threatening violence to anyone who has the unmitigated gall to question his progressive ideology?

Asking for a friend

I didn’t threaten anyone. I just said that if your white nationalist fascism ideology continues to push the GOP further into extremism, it would not surprise me if there is wide scale political violence. And I won’t be backing down from it.

Its 1930 Germany, hopefully our conservatives elites won’t continue to empower Trump and his ilk. But if they do and there is an right wing authoritarian power grab, I’ll see you in the streets.

dcnelso’s couple of posts is 100% the answer to the supposed GOP exodus of these boards. Comprehending those responses and thinking honestly about them would be hard for someone as insecure as jh, so naturally they were ignored.

I'm sure we'll eventually progress to the inevitable, exculpatory externalization as to why, but we have posters here persisting in the belief that this place isn't progressive gratification in the round.

There are still conservative posters here, but the GOP left them. You know that’s true and you know who they are because you’ve spent so much time here over the past decade. So now they probably support fairly moderate policies and also marvel at the dumpster fire of the current GOP.

Say what you want to say about this place but if you really believed it you wouldn’t have spent all weekend on this thread.

what policy positions would you like to discuss jh?

I mean for instance we had a discussion on estate taxes where the positions ranged from progressive to moderate. Everybody was to the left of the current tax law but in all honesty from a theoretical basis the current tax law allows for the tax free accumulation/transfer of wealth that's not really equitable when compared to other classes of wealth accumulation.

While Brasky's post was a bit extreme in hyperbole, does anyone truely believe that if republicans win majorities in the house and senate in 2022 and Trump runs there is any chance they'll certify a Biden or Harris victory in 2024 if it was to occur.

The potential disregard of democracy is much more series than a debate over appropriate tax rates or how much the government should be involved in healthcare, etc. At the moment, you basically have half of republican voters don't believe in elections anymore and feel anything that doesn't go their way is a fraudulent election and should be overturned.

While Brasky's post was a bit extreme in hyperbole, does anyone truely believe that if republicans win majorities in the house and senate in 2022 and Trump runs there is any chance they'll certify a Biden or Harris victory in 2024 if it was to occur.

The potential disregard of democracy is much more series than a debate over appropriate tax rates or how much the government should be involved in healthcare, etc. At the moment, you basically have half of republican voters don't believe in elections anymore and feel anything that doesn't go their way is a fraudulent election and should be overturned.

Indeed. Why would GOP legislatures be passing laws stripping election certification authority from Secretaries of State (mostly Republicans) and giving the legislature or partisan commissions the ability to officially determine election winners if not to overturn election results that they don't like? And conservatives in some places already have a history of overturning local elections they don't agree with, such as in the 1898 Wilmington Coup. Why not just do at the state or even national level what they did in Wilmington? They've done it before and it worked, why not try again on a much larger scale?

Yep

But the real problem is we don’t respect “conservative points of view”.

Indeed. Why would GOP legislatures be passing laws stripping election certification authority from Secretaries of State (mostly Republicans) and giving the legislature or partisan commissions the ability to officially determine election winners if not to overturn election results that they don't like? And conservatives in some places already have a history of overturning local elections they don't agree with, such as in the 1898 Wilmington Coup. Why not just do at the state or even national level what they did in Wilmington? They've done it before and it worked, why not try again on a much larger scale?

School choice should fix all of this.

The problem is the indefensible, dishonorable, dishonest, dangerous disaster that conservative politics has become.

Not this "place".

this. I was republican until last year - republicans don't deserve to govern. All they care about is not losing. Get respectable republicans back and i'll consider voting for them. Keep spouting idiocy and lies and I'm out.

Anyway, I'm conservative but disagree with most of what the right wing guys are saying because I think their positions are not consistent with caring for our fellow man. You may say that makes me a liberal? I say it makes me a compassionate human being and I wish you'd assess the Republican Party in the same way, as I do think most of us really are decent people.

He doesn't know much of anything about us but presumes that we are not good people because we don't agree with his politics. And that's just typical woke lubery, an inevitably totalitarian mentality.

you use this word a lot and i get the impression that you get a real kick out of it. i don't even understand what the insult is supposed to be, much less the various forms of the word that you bust out. maybe shelve this trope because you're literally the only one who thinks it's clever.

There are alot of formerly GOP posters on this board who have turned moderate democrat. Some can put on a top hat, grab the cane and rationalize how Mitt Romney's niece is the head of the gop, others can't.

:couch:

AAWDQ6G5VJGXDGGDB6R6PHNHNU.jpg

Republicans can’t even give red meat to the base anymore.

At what point will a base who wants something between racial segregation and genocide, a theocracy, and control over women’s bodies demand more from the elites who keep robbing them blind and giving them potato head politics?

Last edited:
A new article about the Right's CRT hysteria comes to an interesting conclusion:

"Conservatives claim that schools are indoctrinating students in “critical race theory.” Liberals argue that conservatives don’t even know what critical race theory is — and that if they did, they’d realize teachers aren’t actually exposing kids to it. But a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll suggests that the roiling culture war over so-called CRT isn’t about whether today’s schoolchildren are suddenly probing the complexities of an academic approach to race that originated among legal scholars in the mid-1970s. Rather, the clash over CRT — aside from whatever the term now connotes in the public imagination — appears to be a supercharged spinoff of a deeper dispute between conservatives and pretty much every other group in the United States.

According to the poll, the right largely believes that racism is personal — the product of one individual discriminating against another. The rest of the country mostly agrees that racism is systemic — a force that continues to harm people of color, regardless of how isolated individuals treat them. And therein lies the disagreement over what kids should learn in school."

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-the-real-reason-republicans-are-so-riled-up-about-critical-race-theory-090015052.html

Back