• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Why are you changing the subject from the fact that there are more than three conservative posters here?

Sounds like since I named more than three conservative posters, which was the threshold you set, that we can agree that this place is not an echo chamber.

Sounds like since I named more than three conservative posters, which was the threshold you set, that we can agree that this place is not an echo chamber.

You definitely named four conservative posters. We can agree to disagree about how invested they are.

Now answer my question, because your awful attitude is instructive as to why conservatives have voted with their feet.

You, Junebug, sailor, angus, the reff.

Nice company there bucko.

I have been gone for a bit, so idk who still posts and what their political orientations are, but aren't there are a lapsed GOPers who have resisted the fascist turn but still consider themselves to be conservatives at heart? I'm thinking about DeaconCav, but I know there are a lot of folks like him.

To answer your question, jhmd - if you think that left and center-left posters (not to mention left and center posters or left and center-right posters) agree on much besides how annoying you are, then I encourage you to read more Tunnels threads that you don't hijack and make about you.

How do you know they are not good people in real life?

I neither know nor care who you are in real life.

I only have your posts and private interactions between us (via rep and PMs) as a proxy for that kind of judgment. I think it's telling, though, that you decided to hide because you didn't want your boards identity causing problems for you at a new job (or something - I honestly can't remember).

I think I'm probably similar IRL to how I present myself on these boards, for better or for worse. Who are you? What are we missing about the true jhmd?

I have been gone for a bit, so idk who still posts and what their political orientations are, but aren't there are a lapsed GOPers who have resisted the fascist turn but still consider themselves to be conservatives at heart? I'm thinking about DeaconCav, but I know there are a lot of folks like him.

To answer your question, jhmd - if you think that left and center-left posters (not to mention left and center posters or left and center-right posters) agree on much besides how annoying you are, then I encourage you to read more Tunnels threads that you don't hijack and make about you.

If you're willfully blind to the actions of other people who voted with their feet, there's just no point. Enjoy the jerk, Strick.

If you're willfully blind to the actions of other people who voted with their feet, there's just no point. Enjoy the jerk, Strick.

They didn’t vote with their feet. They are still here. You asked for three posters, and we gave you more. Your whole point has been disproved

Some inconvenient truths:
1. Hillary's emails
2. Pizzagate
3. Hunter Biden
4. Stolen election
5. War on __________
6. Obama disrespecting the Oval
7. CRT

Constant bullshit wedge issues

I saw NC senator Jeff Jackson refer to it as "potato head politics," which I think is the perfect term. Stir up a discussion over something ridiculous, like Mr Potato Head becoming Potato Head, and watch the rage flow. I really like the term "potato head politics."

They didn’t vote with their feet. They are still here. You asked for three posters, and we gave you more. Your whole point has been disproved

I will leave it to the audience to determine if this place reflects the ideological diversity of the modern American political ecosystem. It's an insane position to maintain but wth have a great time.

I will leave it to the audience to determine if this place reflects the ideological diversity of the modern American political ecosystem. It's an insane position to maintain but wth have a great time.

You’ve clearly demonstrated that you are in capable of leaving anything.

This place doesn't reflect the entire ideological diversity of the country, but its stupid to expect it to. I've been silently reading this board for years going back to the scout boards and I'm a former conservative republican who has left the party and votes 100% democratic now. The shift in this board is more reflective of the overall shift in college educated individuals and similar shifts in suburban voters.

The Republican party isn't a party of conservative policy ideas anymore. It's a party of white grievance culture war issues. Just listen to Fox News on any night and the only topics are CRT, which no one can really define, the border, and defund the police. Even if you wanted to break those down into potential legitimate policy type discussions, those discussions aren't occurring from Republican politicians. Everything they discuss is just a reflective negative.

Who voted with their feet, jhmd?

Is Go the only conservative poster who didn't rebrand? bkf got banned, but that didn't have much to do with ideology. He was insufferable as a liberal, too.

The audience keeps telling you that you're wrong and "nevertheless he persisted."

Speaking of, you left this question as quickly as you could. I'm sure you'll get back to it. I'll wait.

The majority of the group I named come off as real assholes based on their posts. Some people post as themselves, some people post as a persona. They might not be assholes in real life. But they post like them.

The majority of the group I named come off as real assholes based on their posts. Some people post as themselves, some people post as a persona. They might not be assholes in real life. But they post like them.

In a board with Shoo, Milhouse and Brasky, Sailor is the asshole?

if you criticize the left, especially from a non-liberal perspective, you mostly get called names and little else

Back