• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Yes, I've noticed marked improvement in the local school system over the past three decades of observation. #nonotreally

Just take it easy on the new ideas and innovation. Those seem to get in the way of how great things are going.

Just send them more money and don't ask any questions. That's how things always improve.

It's kind of difficult to expect them to improve if you're continually tying their hands by cutting funding, forcing redundant and burdensome policies, and fostering a negative attitude among citizens and teachers.

The new and improved critical race theory:

The new and improved critical race theory:

Lolz. I saw that the good governor, bkf-style, inherited his daddy's home-services-and-construction company and ran it from 1992 to 2016. I'm sure he knows all about curriculum and critical thinking and effective classroom teaching.

Maybe war results aren't the best way to determine which countries are "exceptional"

It is if the national identity and budget are centered around war.

Perhaps the most exceptional thing America has done in recent memory is develop and distribute these vaccines so quickly and Republicans don’t want them.

I mean I think we can blame boomers for losing the Vietnam war.

Nah I’m not going to blame the uneducated teenage boomers who were sent over there unprepared to die in the name of crony capitalism.

Vietnam is on the Greatest Generation, who thought they were invincible even though the Soviets actually won WWII.

American exceptionalism wouldn’t last five minute in Stalingrad or living and fighting as sub terrain warriors like the Viet Cong

American exceptionalism is stupid and promotes laziness. What should be promoted is making the country as close to a pure meritocracy as possible. But of course no politician can be honest.

Nah I’m not going to blame the uneducated teenage boomers who were sent over there unprepared to die in the name of crony capitalism.

Vietnam is on the Greatest Generation, who thought they were invincible even though the Soviets actually won WWII.

American exceptionalism wouldn’t last five minute in Stalingrad or living and fighting as sub terrain warriors like the Viet Cong

Idk bro, PH blames the boomers, and he is undepheated.

It’s so weird that terms like “American exceptionalism,” “pull yourself up by your bootstraps,” and “pioneers” that were originally negative or derisive about the US are now part of the grand mythology.

It’s so weird that terms like “American exceptionalism,” “pull yourself up by your bootstraps,” and “pioneers” that were originally negative or derisive about the US are now part of the grand mythology.
Not quite the same, but when I finally learned what a "pilgrim" was I was very confused. Where the pejorative "puritan" was not harsh enough to describe the separatists who eventually boarded the mayflower, our American mythos has whitewashed how socially undesirable they were by calling them pilgrims -- a devout practitioner of a ritual condemned by Martin Luther.

Somebody who knows American history better can add some nuance to this.

Back