• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baseball Batting Lab

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure how many caught this, but when I rewatched the game last night, the announcers mentioned we were getting a batting lab to compliment the current pitching lab. That was the first I'd heard of it, has anyone heard something more?

Batting lab should help coaches figure out more little adjustments in batting approach and swing. Like the adjustment of having Corona drop his hands a few inches when in his stance.

I'm sure there are other possible tweaks that will become apparent once the lab is built and functional. Analyze a guy's swing by the millisecond, then optimize? Sounds like a plan.

Hopefully it will be outfitted with the latest and greatest in bloop technology....

Been asking around about this in the last few weeks. I think the timeline has sped up with this season's success but haven't gotten a definitive "it's going to be started by XX-date."

When they unveiled the pitching lab, there was some discussion of "OK this is neat but what about hitting?" I know Cilento has been pushing for the hitting lab since the pitching lab was built. The area for it is pretty obviously the empty space between the end of the left-field stands and the foul pole; guessing you could build it with minimal interruption to the pitching lab.

I'm guessing this season's success means some more generous donations ... hence, hitting lab in the next 2-3 years.

Been asking around about this in the last few weeks. I think the timeline has sped up with this season's success but haven't gotten a definitive "it's going to be started by XX-date."

When they unveiled the pitching lab, there was some discussion of "OK this is neat but what about hitting?" I know Cilento has been pushing for the hitting lab since the pitching lab was built. The area for it is pretty obviously the empty space between the end of the left-field stands and the foul pole; guessing you could build it with minimal interruption to the pitching lab.

I'm guessing this season's success means some more generous donations ... hence, hitting lab in the next 2-3 years.
Might as well pull that wall all the way to the foul pole and add some more seating while you're at it.

I noticed that WF added a small party deck in LF, which got bombed by numerous WF HRs on Sunday. Would think a more permanent structure there may be in the offing.
Two actually. They were the tailgate trailers. One was right in the space @CONeill is describing.

I noticed that WF added a small party deck in LF, which got bombed by numerous WF HRs on Sunday. Would think a more permanent structure there may be in the offing.
Believe the one in LF was special friends/invites of Wente. No confirmation and never ventured out there -- honestly not even sure how one gets out there. I guess through the tennis facility.

Believe the one in LF was special friends/invites of Wente. No confirmation and never ventured out there -- honestly not even sure how one gets out there. I guess through the tennis facility.
They seemed a little rowdier than the typical friends of a college president crowd. Good for her.

I suspect it is more difficult to make positive changes in pitching technique than hitting. Pitchers who consistently throw strikes are a valuable commodity. They have the ball at the beginning of every play. And, only one of them in the game at a time.

Back