• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Head Coach Candidates

How many guys from Amaker's Harvard team were busted for cheating?

Dawkins is waiting for K to retire,

Did not know that about Harvard. Too bad for them, maybe he should jump ship?

My hope is that with whoever we hire, it says to the rest of the conference: we are f'ing serious and shit is about to get real over here in Winston. We need to show some attitude.

My hope is that with whoever we hire, it says to the rest of the conference: we are f'ing serious and shit is about to get real over here in Winston. We need to show some attitude.

A lot of us thought that was going to be the case when Dino was fired and then we got...Bz.

I believe he might have said that at some point, just like 5* recruits talk about how they want to go somewhere with good academics. It certainly sounds good to say, but when the rubber meets the road, those guys don't end up at Wake Forest.

I don't know about that. Shaka went to Kenyon College (I work in the administration here at Kenyon) and it is a pretty academically rigorous place--very similar profile to Wake Forest, but the culture of the school is more similar to Davidson. Apparently when Shaka came to Kenyon, he chose it over Harvard.

If he is looking for academic big conference schools, the list is short. I'm sure if Shaka did come here, it would be with the explicit understanding that he would be calling the shots.

He is a competitive guy obviously and I'm sure it would be appealing to take a Tobacco Road team back to an elite level and out-Duke Duke.

Of course any of this is speculation, we have no idea what Shaka is looking for, though we can deduce that a big state school is not it.

We have plenty of cash if the coach wins. As I showed earlier, we are paying [Redacted] about $1M/year and averaging 9000 attendance. If we average 14,000 and own the arena, we can easily afford over $3M/year and should be able to afford close to $3.5M.

Wake will never average 14k. Of course I also suspect we haven't come close to averaging 9000 the last couple of years.

Wes Miller has UNCG down 2 to VT with less than 7 mins to go.

Wake will never average 14k. Of course I also suspect we haven't come close to averaging 9000 the last couple of years.

Actually in 2006, we averaged 14,665/game. We also averaged:

96- 12.794
97- 13,710
04- 13,197
05 -13,005

With a good team, we could get those numbers.

Actually in 2006, we averaged 14,665/game. We also averaged:

96- 12.794
97- 13,710
04- 13,197
05 -13,005

With a good team, we could get those numbers.

14,665 is the capacity of the Joel. I don't believe that we filled it night in and night out.

I don't believe them. No way we packed the Joel every night which we would have to do to average 14,665. It doesn't even make sense as tickets sold. We weren't even good 2005-2006 or 2006-2007.

That 14,665 number not only goes against my narrative, but it also goes against common sense. Come on RJ, surely you don't believe that number has any merit to it.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=253640154

14,665 for a game versus Charleston Southern on December 30th? Yeah right.

They could have had a season ticket sellout.

But there were multiple times of 13,000+. Getting 14,000 +/- is not out of the question. Or if you are correct and we have less than 9000/game, adding 5000 ticket sales will be even easier.

They could have had a season ticket sellout.

But there were multiple times of 13,000+. Getting 14,000 +/- is not out of the question. Or if you are correct and we have less than 9000/game, adding 5000 ticket sales will be even easier.

They're supposed to be attendance numbers, not ticket sales. And, it just doesn't make sense that we ever sold out season tickets to the extent that all tickets were sold out for even holiday games. Student tickets, visitor tickets, etc. I don't trust Wake's counting.

And, no, the max we ever saw was 13.7. That was after two straight ACC titles, and before games were so readily available on TV and online.

Disagree.......adding 5000 to our current attendance is doable.

Count me as one of the 5000 if we replace bzzz. I will purchase season tix

Disagree.......adding 5000 to our current attendance is doable.

I actually agree with that, I just see the actual numbers a bit differently from you. I definitely think we could make significant headway in the expense of a new coach based solely of ticket sales. Get the right guy and donations will also increase. I know the Deacon Club would have at least one new member (look, I wouldn't stop giving if I already did, but, since I just graduated, well it's hard to find a reason to write that check given the product).

Back