• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BB Staff: Woodberry, Ballard, & Bauman (DOBO) join from Tulsa; ChillIN

Whenever they're in the same room for the next few days, Childress and Larue must be feeling #awkward.

Right now their relationship is probably very chilly. Or rusty.

Sorry.

That's solid word play right there.

Whenever they're in the same room for the next few days, Childress and Larue must be feeling #awkward.

Right now their relationship is probably very chilly. Or rusty.

Sorry.

Yeah, think of all the battles they've been through together.

Eh, rusty knows from long ago that his role is to give Childress the ball every damn time! Now is no different then twenty years ago.

Wellman getting rid of Dave Odom was the actual start of everything back in 2000 as he got rid of a 2 ACC title winning coach who had quite a team coming back with several great recruits. Same with George Greer in baseball. It is about time RW reestablishes some faith in his Deacon faithful.

I was in Atlanta for the ACC tourney that year, which was followed by getting Butlerized. It was time for Odom to go. Skip was a good hire, but giving Dino a 3 year deal followed by Mr. Rogers for 4 years are both disasters and both on Wellman.

I wonder how TheReff feels about Dave Odom and George Greer not being retained by Wake Forest? Anybody have the 10-4 on that?

I was in Atlanta for the ACC tourney that year, which was followed by getting Butlerized. It was time for Odom to go. Skip was a good hire, but giving Dino a 3 year deal followed by Mr. Rogers for 4 years are both disasters and both on Wellman.

That's way over the line.

Mr. Rogers was a wonderful human being who made the world a better place. The "coach" who followed Dino was not.

I wonder how TheReff feels about Dave Odom and George Greer not being retained by Wake Forest? Anybody have the 10-4 on that?

It would be interesting to compare and see who has expressed the exact same opinion more on this board:

TheReff with his opinion re: Odom and Greer; OR

BobKnightFan with his opinion about how the NBA has ruined college basketball.

I have turned it into a drinking game. Meant I had to stop reading the boards at work, but definitely made reading those posts more tolerable. Well, if you will excuse me, I have to go back to the fridge. I can feel Reff's posting finger getting itchy.

77, context is everything here. You have to understand the context that of the 7 billion on the Earth that were alive while Skip was our coach that Reff was the only one Skip didn't like. Think about this for a minute. Skip came across tens of thousands of people in his coaching career and Reff was the only one he didn't like. Skip could find the good in Attila, but not in Reff.

The next 7 months are going to tell a lot. It'd be really nice to add a big and a 2G to the current class. And we should know next year's haul for the most part by November. He needs some 4*s in those 2 groups to generate buzz.

The next 7 months are going to tell a lot. It'd be really nice to add a big and a 2G to the current class. And we should know next year's haul for the most part by November. He needs some 4*s in those 2 groups to generate buzz.
He only has one scholarship to work with. Looks like no one's transferring from the ginormous 8-man sophomore class unfortunately.

It's a little worrisome that the only person on the bench with assistant experience at a successful high major program is the head coach.

I think it is still too early to say that none of the sophomores are transferring. I still expect one or two will be told they need to move on if they want playing time, cuz it will be pine time for them here.

I really hope these new assistants can step up to the plate and along with Manning land us some great recruits. Good luck to them!

Back