• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

I love using You Tube highlights to evaluate a player. Nearly as good as using You Tube in footy when your club sign some player you've never heard of before.

Fucking useless.

That's why you take it with a grain of salt. Everyone knows the nature of YouTube highlights. It's still nice to get a quick glimpse of a certain player, as opposed to nothing.

That's why you take it with a grain of salt. Everyone knows the nature of YouTube highlights. It's still nice to get a quick glimpse of a certain player, as opposed to nothing.

They are hand selected plays where the player looks good. You can get those with just about any player. And they obviously ignore all the plays where they look subpar. It is a useless tool to really evaluate a player.

They are hand selected plays where the player looks good. You can get those with just about any player. And they obviously ignore all the plays where they look subpar. It is a useless tool to really evaluate a player.

Haha yes, that is a highlight tape. No evaluation, purely introduction to a player.

Alec Brennan final 8 No Order
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Brown
Purdue
Wake Forest
Davidson
Stanford

Per Evan Daniels. While education is usually just taking points for recruits, it is clearly not for this guy.

That looks like the list for a prospective student from Indiana who has family in NC.

Alec Brennan final 8 No Order
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Brown
Purdue
Wake Forest
Davidson
Stanford

Per Evan Daniels. While education is usually just taking points for recruits, it is clearly not for this guy.

He also had offers from K State, Temple and a few others. Talk about eclectic.

I love using You Tube highlights to evaluate a player. Nearly as good as using You Tube in footy when your club sign some player you've never heard of before.

Fucking useless.

Brennan is a kid who has been going to camps since he was a frosh trying to get better and it shows. I believe he is the half-Asian kid we have had an eye on for like three years ...

I too don't put much in highlight vids, but raw game video works pretty well.

Bren-sanity. Nice.

Brennan is a kid who has been going to camps since he was a frosh trying to get better and it shows. I believe he is the half-Asian kid we have had an eye on for like three years ...

I too don't put much in highlight vids, but raw game video works pretty well.

Yeah and especially with bball players you get an idea of someone's strengths by seeing their highlights. That Haas kid isn't going to work the post when all his highlights are midrange jumpers.

I fell your goading ph. I do. I mean what else you got going o a Sunday besides family - whoops.

I have been saying for years I just don't trust or like recruiting rankings anymore. I have been calling it the Kevin Swinton effect. Or the Melvin tabb effect. I just don't get how a kid w awful hands could get a 4 star ranking unless the system is fucked. You start at a huge advantage if you have size. More so if you have strength. But that's going against high school competition.

Anyway. What I see with moore is a low low motor. What I saw with haas is a plodding style and low to okay athleticism. We have been looking at Brennan tape for three years. I like his athleticism and bounce and we know he has been working towards this for that time. I like him. He's a 3star who should be 4 IMO. I like the bulkier Ohara kid too. I'd like to have one or both of those two kids over the higher ranked kids because of what I see. It's my opine based on thinking telep and company have a fucked ranking system for bigs

It was a simple joke. Not sure what you meant with the personal jab.

I fell your goading ph. I do. I mean what else you got going o a Sunday besides family - whoops.

I have been saying for years I just don't trust or like recruiting rankings anymore. I have been calling it the Kevin Swinton effect. Or the Melvin tabb effect. I just don't get how a kid w awful hands could get a 4 star ranking unless the system is fucked. You start at a huge advantage if you have size. More so if you have strength. But that's going against high school competition.

Anyway. What I see with moore is a low low motor. What I saw with haas is a plodding style and low to okay athleticism. We have been looking at Brennan tape for three years. I like his athleticism and bounce and we know he has been working towards this for that time. I like him. He's a 3star who should be 4 IMO. I like the bulkier Ohara kid too. I'd like to have one or both of those two kids over the higher ranked kids because of what I see. It's my opine based on thinking telep and company have a fucked ranking system for bigs

Looks like somebody has a case of the Mondays

Joe Henricksen ‏@joehoopsreport 44m
Benet's Sean O'Mara narrows list to a final 6: Xavier, Loyola, Wichita St, Seton Hall, UMass. Wake Forest

That list is probably the worst one yet.

Only BCS school on there, yeah? I can't even keep up with realignment.

Only BCS school on there, yeah? I can't even keep up with realignment.

Wichita State was in the Final Four and will be a strong team this year.

Xavier has been in the NCAA T every years since 2001 with the exception of 2005. They have made three Sweet Sixteens and one Elite Eight. I wonder how many schools in the country have such a record?

The other schools are weak, but those have been than most schools regardless of conference over the past few years.

Back