• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Say Wha?!?
That is great. Manning is really doing a great job so far. I am gaining some confidence. He obviously has a very impressive resume as a player and I assumed he was a pretty smart guy, who has had the opportunity to learn from some good coaches. I was worried he might be a bit stiff to generate excitement for his vision of building the program. I am more an more getting the impression that he matter-of-factly expects to just be the best and just gets it done. He really has done as well as you would expect a very good recruiting coach to do so far under the circumstances. And none of these 3 recruits are hometown kids or have special ties that handicapped their recruitment. We just beat good programs to get them.
I also think that the media will continue touting this notion that Manning is a superior big man coach. That puts us at a huge advantage recruiting, regardless of how true it is. Sports journalist/announcers are lazy and just parrot each other and themselves. We should continue to hear that over and over. We just need to get on TV so the recruits keep hearing it.
We are also hearing good things about Childress. I am now optimistic those 2 are going to be a very dynamic and successful recruiting duo. And the both simply expect excellence and don't consider anything other than being the best. Next year we may have the handicap to our advantage to make some real recruiting waves and have some elite talent, again, with some real momentum and mojo!
We will see how Manning's coaching matches up. He does seem to have a very clear idea of how our team will play. Earlier on he said the general stuff all coaches say. He has been more specific recently. I really do think he is a calculated guy with a specific plan for success.
I don't want to get too high just from one class, and we have to remember this class would not be anything special BB (before redacted). But he got some very good players at positions of need, without the advantage of recent success. It feels good to be positive about the future.

Last edited:
Fuck yeah!! I believe in Manning

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why you want to be the basketball lectro, but that's your decision. Excited regardless

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

lets go deacs. Way to go Manning .

The only way for this to get better recruiting wise is to announce Giles and Chill are so impressed they're signing on

From the article linked above this post
A highly skilled and productive player, Collins is a 6-9, 230-pound post player from West Palm Beach (Fla.) Cardinal Newman High School, who has a Jared Sullingerish type game. Collins is an interesting compliment to the shot blocking, raw 7-footer Doral Moore in the Wake Forest class. Four-star combo guard Bryant Crawford is the third member of head coach Danny Manning's impressive recruiting class.

Vastly underrated by some ranking services, Collins is only No. 206 in the 247Sports Composite. His ranking in the Top 247 is No. 103.

Most analysts, including all the picks in Collins' Crystal Ball, had him pegged for Miami.

To these kids and parents Coach is exactly what they aspire to ..... couple his college and pro career and coaching success last couple of years with a Wake education

way to go coach lets do this

Well, we have to remember, this class is nothing special for Wake historically. This is what we would expect in a given year. Some years we hit a home run and do better. Some years we miss our targets and bring in role and bench players. This class may feel more impressive relative to where we just were. The trajectory is very good. And we seem to have a reasonable path to get a better class in 2016 than we otherwise would without some nice conveniences in that class (VERY good local players that are good friends with a coach's son we are also recruiting). 2016 could be special. Let's make it happen.

What's sobering is that 4 other ACC teams are ahead of us in that ranking. I don't follow recruiting nearly like I used to, so I don't know what UNC is up to, but usually when the recruiting dust settles they're near the top of the rankings.

This isn't a Debbie Downer post by any means, I'm thrilled that soon we'll be in the upper tier of the new ACC.

It's not about being #1. It's about getting the four star guys that will stay 3 or 4 years and getting one superstud once in a while (hi Harry!)

Back