• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

It would not surprise me for some additional ships to open. If I read Manning right, he is not the type to take beatings like that sitting down. He will shake things up to improve our roster in a proactive way if need be.

Peral didn't shoot as much as Dinos (probably because there was this guy named Tim on the team) but he did shoot 51% on 100 total attempts that season.

In fact Peral, Larue and Rutland combined to shoot 191-427 (44.7% on about 13.7 attempts per game) that season.
Braswell could shoot it too as a freshman . No wonder we were so damn good .

According to his Wikipedia page (and Jerry may have written the page himself so who knows) Braswell was consider by some a top 25 recruit nationally. If so, Odom really was a much better recruiter than people give him credit for.

According to his Wikipedia page (and Jerry may have written the page himself so who knows) Braswell was consider by some a top 25 recruit nationally. If so, Odom really was a much better recruiter than people give him credit for.

It also said he turned down the McDonalds All America game.
I have my doubts.

He wasn't. Rutland was a more highly regarded recruit. He was Top 75, IIRC. Braswell was barely Top 100, if that.

As a college player, pre-injury Rutland was three times better than Braswell ever dreamed of being.

ETA: This has somehow morphed into the how recruiting used to be thread.

Last edited:
Due to the lack of recruiting news.

Due to the lack of recruiting news.
I'm curious to see what names Manning is associated with once the season ends. Haven't heard any names besides the WCA crew for a couple months now.

The 2016 class makes me super nervous

We are only nervous because of the great possibilities. We already have a really good sign in Brandon. Even if we don't land Giles (which I still think we do), then we have a lot of great options on the table.

We are only nervous because of the great possibilities. We already have a really good sign in Brandon. Even if we don't land Giles (which I still think we do), then we have a lot of great options on the table.

This.

a class of Brandon, Kwe, and a couple of borderline top 100 players would be a pretty solid class but would likely be viewed as a disappointment based on some of the names we have been associated with.

I also think it seems later in the process than it actually is, probably because its been a while since many of us followed recruiting this closely and with this much enthusiasm.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 2k16 - Giles/Smith pare down lists; staff pursues...

It's more than that. We're nervous because it's a large class and a defining class. We're all too familiar with the devastating effects of being stuck with a large, ineffective class.

We know Manning can get our name associated with the elite on some level. The chances are much better than 50-50, IMO, that he'll need to land a backup plan at some point this year. The quality of that backup plan is key, as we saw in the late Prosser and redacted eras. And we just don't know what DM will do in that case yet.

Yet there's also the intrigue that comes with the possibility that it could be a historically great class as well, regardless of how likely we think that is. Truly, this class could go anywhere from disastrous to historic.

Add all that up and you get an obsessed fanbase hungry for answers and good news, waiting on the timetables of teenagers that, shockingly, don't sync with our own.

I'm nervous because I'm not convinced we are getting Kwe either

If we miss on Giles and Kwe then all bets are off

Back