• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Dang this guy came to an opposing teams msg board overnight just to post that insecure nonsense? What a loser.

Obviously not a dook grad either. I've never understood how front running band wagoners can have so much emotional investment in a college team with which they have no real affiliation. Particularly when they've never set foot in NC. Get some pride!

Reminds of how people who convert to a religion later in life are often a lot more zealous than people who were born into the religion

If Harry can't handle the "pressure" of being a program saver from all "15" Wake Forest fans, he is definitely not ready to be a #1 draft pick and to become the face of some NBA franchise in 2 years. NBA franchises usually have, like, more than 100 fans...sometimes more than 200...that's just a guess though.

My favorite part about Thain is that he always posts on a Friday or Saturday night.

The post proclaiming the inferiority of a Wake education reeked of a high school kid who who has never felt the touch of a woman.

I thought the part about Duke being the best "business decision" was also funny given there's no way Thain has ever even paid his own car insurance premium, assuming he's old enough to drive, which is no guarantee.

Based on Pirate's last post, that final OV to Duke makes me even more uncomfortable about his final decision.

"See Harry. Wake will suspend you if you aren't perfect. They probably just skipped class or something. You should just commit here so you don't have to deal with that nonsense. No one here stands up to K."

fuck the state of new jersey in total and the wretched hive of scum and villany that is their duke fans in particular

"See Harry. Wake will suspend you if you aren't perfect. They probably just skipped class or something. You should just commit here so you don't have to deal with that nonsense. No one here stands up to K."

That's clearly not Rasheed Suliamon talking.

Let's remember that we're talking about a fan base that has a nine page thread discussing how Danny screwed the pooch by using up all of our scholarships. It's astonishing that any of those people are capable of functioning in society.

Harry - come to Duke and you'll never have to play a true road game in the non-conference

It'd be absolutely hilarious if Harry Giles was actually posting as Harry Giles on here since no one would ever believe it was him. Ultimate troll job.

All true, minus one wee little detail that Capel, Mr. Super Recruiter, didn't know about until it was too late.

Dook WAS a lock, but that changed around the end of April 2015.

This little "problem" is a big deal to Mr. Giles even though Capel & K don't think so.

We'll see how it plays out.
sounds to me like K recruited player and daddy but forgot to recruit momma.

The Duke is a better business decision is laughable. I would hope CP3 is enough proof to offset that bullshit theory. Ben Simmons apparently didn't need K or Cal for his one season & his name is still on top of next year's draft boards. I would also think Okafor is a great example of that theory being false. On top of being #1, he got a title.... That translated to him being picked 3rd by the worst franchise in the NBA.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- Waiting for Giles; announcing in Winston on11/1...

Alright so, I wasn't supposed to say this but I am. This board needs to here it.

My roommate is a Dukie, spent a total of 7 years there getting his undergrad and MA. He just graduated last May. This guy was probably the leader of the Crazy section and has been as big of a Duke fan that I have been a Wake fan. He has a close relative that is a Duke athletics staffer who has been there for over 15 years. With that being said, this is what he told me regarding Dukes side of the Giles recruitment.

1. Giles has not given Duke any kind of verbal/non verbal indication that he has decided on Duke. No silent verbals, no nothing.
2. ALL of the sources that are saying Harry is bound for Duke are sheer speculation.
3. These same sources that are pumping the Harry to Duke are the same exact sources that were telling everyone that Harrison Barnes was a done deal to Duke.
3b. The type of irrelevant information that these sources have is the same type of irrelevant information that they had with Barnes.
4. In the beginning, CP3 was telling Harry that Duke was where he should go and that K was the best coach. This was during the Bz era and the beginning of the Manning era. Recently, however, CP3 has became a huge advocate for Wake with Giles after getting to know Manning and reconnecting with Childress. And while he didn't recount what he said about coach K being the best coach, he made sure to let Giles know that he believed Manning could do what it takes to get Giles to the next level and he also let him know what it is like to be the hometown hero in Winston. (This is when things changed in a negative way for Duke)
4b. Losing CP3 advocation for Duke was a major blow. Many "In the know Dukies" were confident until then.
5. The Giles recruitment is by no-means a done deal to anyone at this point.

Its still up in the air. Giles hasn't made a decision. With that being said, Duke IS the best option for Harry's career and Harry knows it. However, my roommate said he honestly would not be surprised to see HG pick Wake because of the hometown connection and the relationships he has with Manning, CP3 and the Childress family. He gave it a 60% Duke, 40% Wake prediction, and I agree with it.

Take it how you want it.

This.

Duncan and Josh Howard are also Deacs who had somewhat left the fold for a period of time and are now back and in full support of Danny Manning and our program.

There is so much going on behind the scenes...

Dook being a great business decision is bullshit too

Dook probably is the best bet to make a deep tourney run, but that's about it

Another thing to point out -- and this is, of course, speculation -- but it'd imagine that it's not just about being a "hometown hero." It is about a responsibility to Winston-Salem, a duty to give back to the community that fostered their person and their families and their careers. We all know that CP3 feels this way. I'm confident that he's selling that aspect to HG as much as any hero-complex.

Guys guys guys... I could NOT stop laughing at this dude's Sideshow Bob look last night!

CSoJayvWsAEIpIx.jpg

sideshow-bob-simpsons.jpg

Back