• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Hat pick or just straight up announcement?

I don't think he seems like the hat picking type. But if he's going that route, I'd at least like to see a Wake Forest hat present. Give us something... anything.

He does not seem like a "hat pick guy" but his father and "coach" sure seem like hat pick guys.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- Waiting for Giles; announcing 11/6 @ Noon on SC

The naive little bitch in me thinks Giles may still put on the right hat.

Christ, dude, do I really need to post it again? This applies to the rest of you as well:

Lou: There's a look a boy gets when he's been shot or a landmine takes off his legs. And he's laying there in the mud, trying to get up. 'Cuz he doesn't feel it yet. His brain hasn't caught up with the reality which is, he's already dead

Peggy: Ed... he's scaring me.

Lou: But we see it. The rest of us. And we lie. We say, "Lay still. You're gonna be fine." If you'd been to war, you'd know the look. See, you and Peggy... you got the look. You still think it's Tuesday. You have no idea what's coming.

Surprised this already existed...

kcs_d38c069b.png

Christ, dude, do I really need to post it again? This applies to the rest of you as well:

Lou: There's a look a boy gets when he's been shot or a landmine takes off his legs. And he's laying there in the mud, trying to get up. 'Cuz he doesn't feel it yet. His brain hasn't caught up with the reality which is, he's already dead

Peggy: Ed... he's scaring me.

Lou: But we see it. The rest of us. And we lie. We say, "Lay still. You're gonna be fine." If you'd been to war, you'd know the look. See, you and Peggy... you got the look. You still think it's Tuesday. You have no idea what's coming.

BUTTTT the last thing HG retweeted was CP3!

https://twitter.com/thereal_hg3

If Wake was ever going to get the #1 recruit you can't draw it up much better than a kid that grew up in Winston and is best friends with the son of a wake legend and current hoops coach.

This right here is why it's so crushing. Will be decades, if ever, before we have an opportunity again to land a recruit of HG's caliber.

For Duke to lose him, it would be a wait till next year mentality. For us, there's the real possibility we will never come this close again to a top recruit.

This feeling in the pit of my stomach reminds of when I took the Series 66. Lots of anxiety, dread and a naive sense of optimism.

Dreary morning up here in the northeast....overcast, misty....quite depressing.

Oh the irony at the final lap - Manning has/played superbly on two surgically repaired knees and now Giles will have two surgically repaired knees.

Why am I gonna tune in for this ? Why put myself thru such agony ? What draws me to this ?

BTW, I'm going to South Bend too....Facepalm

We need to start thinking about a new thread title--one that will capture the futility and stupidity of this suckfest.

The Posthumous Harry Giles Thread: A soul-crushing hometown recruiting loss at the last minute versus complete and total irrelevance as a program - which path should Wake choose?

Dreary morning up here in the northeast....overcast, misty....quite depressing.

Oh the irony at the final lap - Manning has/played superbly on two surgically repaired knees and now Giles will have two surgically repaired knees.

Why am I gonna tune in for this ? Why put myself thru such agony ? What draws me to this ?

BTW, I'm going to South Bend too....Facepalm

Yeah, you have no one to blame but yourself

Just got a FB reminder that today is Dino Wake Forest's birthday today. Got to be some irony somewhere.

This is why I refused to frame a single year of Harry Giles as anything other than icing on the cake of what looks like a program heading in the right direction. 2016 is still giving us a 4 star big man and Woods joins as a 4 star shooter. Still plenty of talent to keep moving the program forward - we just don't get the one year catapult we were hoping for. This doesn't have the same feel of the Oden/Conley/Cook debacle.

Back