• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

5* PG Andrew Newbhard is down to 9, including Florida and USC (main two that might matter to WF). He's rumored to have Gonzaga in front right now but Newbhard makes two 5* PG that UF is recruiting right now in addition to Devoe (and one other PG I am forgetting). However, Kansas was not included with Newbhard's list so that might be an indication of their perceived standing with Dotson, which affects UF in turn.

USC has drawn recent interest from Ayo Dosunmu much like WF, so them making the list of another 5* PG doesn't necessarily indicate much right now, but it's something to monitor in the future.

Ultimately, right now it seems like it'll probably be Gonzaga ends up with Newbhard, Kansas with Dotson, and then who knows with Wake & UF. One likely lands Devoe, the other another PG from their list. Wake certainly hopes they can pick up one of Devoe or Ayo.

Hoard brings the ball down a little low on his jump shot. Otherwise, amazing.

Hoard brings the ball down a little low on his jump shot. Otherwise, amazing.

I feel like this is one of those posts where someone inserts a photo of a drop dead gorgeous super model and inevitably a poster responds 'she's cute, her left eyebrow is a little fuller than her right. "

😁.

I want mucius and ayo next. Laszewski would be nice but I feel like we are 2nd place right now.

I feel like this is one of those posts where someone inserts a photo of a drop dead gorgeous super model and inevitably a poster responds 'she's cute, her left eyebrow is a little fuller than her right. "

��.

I want mucius and ayo next. Laszewski would be nice but I feel like we are 2nd place right now.

But do you disagree ?

Hoard was the only one I was certain about.

Still confident on Mucius. Have you heard anything to make you think he won't commit or just haven't heard any pro wake news?

My dude said Mucius was out if Hoard committed

Ayo has us in top 2, likely 1

That's all I got

That's all I got

Whoa. Your #sauces are saying we lead for Ayo?

Figures that Mucius could be the Brandon Randolph of his class.

Hoard said 'he selected Wake as it was the only school with cake classes like French Lit'

does a senior Key Woods come off the bench next year with Chaundee at the 2 and Hoard at the 3?

That's all I got

I'm good with that. I'll touch base with my sauce at some point this week and see if that's what they're hearing too. Ayo and Hoard would be crazy good in one class

I'm good with that. I'll touch base with my sauce at some point this week and see if that's what they're hearing too. Ayo and Hoard would be crazy good in one class

Clearly the best pair since JJ and JT. The scary part is Hoard and Ayo are ranked higher than JJ and JT.

So im guessing Hoard was our top guy, and the staff wants Ayo or Devoe, and Lazewski, Mucius or Roberts. Gotta like our chances with Ayo. Good friends with Hoard, we got the last visit so far.

does a senior Key Woods come off the bench next year with Chaundee at the 2 and Hoard at the 3?

Maybe if Mitchell explodes or we add another big-time recruit, but I do not expect to see Manning starting two of Sarr, SJM, and Moore.

i think by his soph year Sarr is going to be a monster starting C for us. i think the staff is going to go all in on selling Laz on how wide open the PF spot is, with a starting PF role on a potentially awesome 18-19 team. may try the same pitch to Mucius. If senior Key Woods is the 6th man... that's some depth we haven't had in a while. let's say we get 1 of the PGs and even if Crawford goes, this team should be pretty freaking good:

Chill - Ayo/Devoe
Chaundee - Key
Hoard - Melo
Laz or Mucius
Sarr - Doral/SJM

now if Crawford stayed and we still made room for the rest? wow, that's a fantastic team.

ETA: to respond to OGB's point, i'm counting on the staff getting a PF. we really need it.

Sarr runs the court like a young JC. He hit 17/20 FTs at FIBA and 1/3 on threes. His stroke is solid. It's something that can be worked on. Having him at PF with one of the bigs can really be great for a running team. Or we can go a freakishly athletic team.

If we get one of the PGS, one of Laz/Mucius and Bryant returning, we'd likely be a pre-season Top 15 team, maybe even Top 10.

I think the fact Hoard committed more likely knocks out Laszewski than Mucius. Don't see us not getting Mucius according to what I have heard.

Back