• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I've spent enough time in March and April in Chicago to know that its still what most of us southerners would consider winter. That brutal lake wind can brings the temps into the 20's and 30's. Game 5 of the WS was pretty freezing last October too.

That being said Chicago is America's best city. No doubt.

Haha fair enough. I guess, to me, 30s isn't that bad (relative to most places, totally get that 30s is still brutal) It's the 15 degrees and under where I start to question reality lol

I spent 3 years in Chicago and the thought of moving to the balmy North Pole sounded good. BoilerDeac, you forgot to tell them about the wind chill. The cold was really cold, but the wind would rip your face off. NO THANKS!! Give me the South any day-- anywhere is better than arctic cold!

I spent 3 years in Chicago and the thought of moving to the balmy North Pole sounded good. BoilerDeac, you forgot to tell them about the wind chill. The cold was really cold, but the wind would rip your face off. NO THANKS!! Give me the South any day-- anywhere is better than arctic cold!

Can't argue with that! I enjoyed my time in NC and Washington, DC, but those brutally hot, humid summers aren't very fun either!

Let's fill that class!

I'd love to hear how Melo has been playing in the summer and so far in September.

I've spent enough time in March and April in Chicago to know that its still what most of us southerners would consider winter. That brutal lake wind can brings the temps into the 20's and 30's. Game 5 of the WS was pretty freezing last October too.

That being said Chicago is America's best city. No doubt.

And yet it was the nation's only major city with a net loss in population last year.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-census-met-20170524-story.html

more opinions on weather please! I can't get enough!

Let's fill that class!

I'd love to hear how Melo has been playing in the summer and so far in September.

I remember reading that Manning and the staff were both pleased and pleasantly surprised at how far along Melo was and how he had been playing. I think Manning mentioned him in the group of who could be getting minutes at the 4 this year.

haha you've clearly not spent a winter in Chicago, if you think it's an "Arctic winter that spans 8 months a year"

December/January/February can be absolutely BRUTAL,

Aren't those months also known as basketball season? Having said that, if a kid is used to Chicago weather, it likely isn't much of a factor. It's the reverse of how-in-the-world Boeheim ever gets a California kid to come play for the Orange.

I remember reading that Manning and the staff were both pleased and pleasantly surprised at how far along Melo was and how he had been playing. I think Manning mentioned him in the group of who could be getting minutes at the 4 this year.

Has he gained a bunch of weight?

haha you've clearly not spent a winter in Chicago, if you think it's an "Arctic winter that spans 8 months a year"

December/January/February can be absolutely BRUTAL,

Aren't those months also known as basketball season? Having said that, if a kid is used to Chicago weather, it likely isn't much of a factor. It's the reverse of how-in-the-world Boeheim ever gets a California kid to come play for the Orange.

$$$$ and horny NJ/NY girls

Haha fair enough. I guess, to me, 30s isn't that bad (relative to most places, totally get that 30s is still brutal) It's the 15 degrees and under where I start to question reality lol

30s in March/April = butt ass cold.

Brey and the ND coaches are at Laszewski's school today. Probably trying to get him to cancel his visits or at least make a good impression beforehand so they hope ND is on his mind while at WF.

Back