• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Wake and GT's Rivals.com writer says that Devoe wants to stay as close to home as possible, which is why Devoe is favoring GT over Wake. Atlanta isn't all that close to the Orlando area, but its still closer than Winston.

Meehhhhhh - I'm not buying it. It would be different if Devoe was choosing between GT and Wisconsin, UCF vs Wake, etc....Orlando to ATL is approx 450 miles and Orlando to W-S is approx 600....Both drives sorta suck but you can get home if you need to. Propinquity seems like an extremely trivial variable for Devoe to use when deciding between GT & Wake.

Before he committed murder, Crittendon also had that whole "gun in the locker room" incident with Gilbert Arenas. Sounds like an awesome dude.

I remember when we felt a realistic chance to get him at Wake. We all wanted us some Critty then!

I remember when we felt a realistic chance to get him at Wake. We all wanted us some Critty then!

Wasn't he one of a series of top PGs that we missed that one year? Conley and then a bunch of others. It was like a game of top PG musical chairs, and we ended up being the guy that didn't get a chair (actually I think we got Ish Smith at the end).

Edit: looked it up - here are some of the PGs that I believe we were after that year: Conley, Critty, Ty Lawson, DJ Augustin, Patrick Beverly, Scottie Reynolds, Jerry Smith, Marques Johnson

Last edited:
Lawal
Rice Jr
Young
Jack

Who am I missing?

ETA: I looked it up. Tech has had 5 First Round Draft picks since 2005, so that claim is #FakeNews.

Lawal and Rice Jr were 2nd Round Picks.

Shumpert
Favors
TYoung
Crittenton
Jack

My bad.

Wasn't he one of a series of top PGs that we missed that one year? Conley and then a bunch of others. It was like a game of top PG musical chairs, and we ended up being the guy that didn't get a chair (actually I think we got Ish Smith at the end).

Edit: looked it up - here are some of the PGs that I believe we were after that year: Conley, Critty, Ty Lawson, DJ Augustin, Patrick Beverly, Scottie Reynolds, Jerry Smith, Marques Johnson

Russell Westbrook!

Lawson committed to UNC very early.

The summer of that year a couple of us went to USA Bball in San Diego. Crazy Bill Walker didn't want on the same team as Oden, Conley and Critty. The next day, Walker thought he got fouled by a Canadian guy and he chased the guy down and threw him into the wall.

Lawson committed to UNC very early.

The summer of that year a couple of us went to USA Bball in San Diego. Crazy Bill Walker didn't want on the same team as Oden, Conley and Critty. The next day, Walker thought he got fouled by a Canadian guy and he chased the guy down and threw him into the wall.

one of my favorite random NBA "fight moments" was when fake tough guy KG was talking shit to the knicks bench until bill walker got involved. KG couldn't run away fast enough

Jerry Smith was rumored on the Premium boards to be a silent verbal. That lasted for several months.

My late friend David Crawford was the only Illinois graduate/fan I've ever known. I wish he was still around to post on the Ayo recruitment. He loved the Deacs too.

i am confused by the saturday decision timing. you choose to announce your choice at a time when the, presumably, back up choice will be in the middle of his official visit at the school you are going to commit to? that makes for one heck of an awkward situation for that coaching staff/team. would tech take both?

It isn't the crystal balls...It's the timing of the crystal balls that makes us think these analysts were tipped off that he's going to Tech.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the crystal balls for JC,Bryant, Doral, etc. that weren't in our favor were picked very early in the recruiting period, not a week before announcement. Typically when these guys all switch over their predictions a few days before announcement, it means there's substantial reason to believe the recruit is going to that school.

I just wonder if these crystal balls are someone's hunch that everyone jumped on board with or do they have legit info from the player himself.

Back