• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

The vibes:

6051bb2d47a88af2846f7f37e65fb1f3.gif

Using the word "trolling" knowing Ayo is watching is disrespectful. If he hasn't made the decision, it could hurt. Why?

It's just internet lingo...don't think most of us here think he's actually trolling trolling us in the mean-spirited sense. But it's gonna seem like playful trolling of WFU if he picks Illinois after all the RT's and likes. Not like he is liking and RT'ing U of I stuff these last 24-36 hours (jeez I need a life!), but at least I think those of us that follow recruiting closely understand this is part of the game. However, I would prefer that a recruit, if it is truly a two-horse race, to play it fairly equal and make it seem like he's just amped to have two great choices and "aww schucks, what do I do??"

Richie‏ @SweetFeetFinger 4h4 hours ago
More
Replying to @SweetFeetFinger
No idea why @AyoDos_11 would wana go play there after hes seen whats happened to so many other top 100 recruits recently who have chose UofI

I mean that list doesn't even include Jereme Richmond, Malcolm Hill, DJ Richardson, Tracy Abrams, etc. I mean, the list goes on.

Step 1) Born in Illinois
Step 2) Excel at basketball and become a top-100 prospect
Step 3) Commit to the University of Illinois
Step 4) Play at the University of Illinois
Step 5) Play in a second or third tier league overseas
Step 6) Profit (kind of?)

Ish Smith - Ish Smith! - has earned a pension in the league and you're telling me not a single Illinois player has earned an NBA paycheck since Meyers Leonard. LOL. Malcolm Hill probably had the best shot of the players that we've mentioned on this thread and that dude didn't even stand out at Portsmouth.

This really shouldn't be a difficult decision, Ayo.

I mean that list doesn't even include Jereme Richmond, Malcolm Hill, DJ Richardson, Tracy Abrams, etc. I mean, the list goes on.

Step 1) Born in Illinois
Step 2) Excel at basketball and become a top-100 prospect
Step 3) Commit to the University of Illinois
Step 4) Play at the University of Illinois
Step 5) Play in a second or third tier league overseas
Step 6) Profit (kind of?)

Ish Smith - Ish Smith! - has earned a pension in the league and you're telling me not a single Illinois player has earned an NBA paycheck since Meyers Leonard. LOL. Malcolm Hill probably had the best shot of the players that we've mentioned on this thread and that dude didn't even stand out at Portsmouth.

This really shouldn't be a difficult decision, Ayo.

“I love this post and I just hope Ayo loves it too”

- Brian’s song

Okay screw it...and a child shall lead them!!

Every Ayo like for WFU is another sign that he is watching us. Making sure the VIBES are robust and heady!!

I believe AYO!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!! WE WILL DOMINATE THE ACC WITH YOU. LET'S DOOOOO THISSSS AYOOOOO!!!

BE A DEAC, BE A CHAMP, BECOME A PRO!!

Can someone calculate the NBA earnings of Wake Forest players in the last 20 years and compare them to Illinois?

Can someone calculate the NBA earnings of Wake Forest players in the last 20 years and compare them to Illinois?

And then post it on twitter. He's clearly paying attention to that. I hope he's not reading either board.

Yeah, O'Brien also said, "in two months Underwood could legitimately be gone." No one on the ILL board is talking up that fact.

We were talking about this yesterday -- that's where we found out that the signing party had ostensibly been planned by the illinois coaching staff. Who knows if people just make this shit up.

Interesting. How do we “know” the Illinois coaching staff planned the signing party?

That's just what the recruiting analyst (or whatever his title may be) said on the podcast. Something like "I pretty much know for a fact that ILL coaches were involved in setting up the announcement." Would be a strange thing to make up but who knows.

We don't. On the podcast the guy doesn't cite anyone or any source with that statement. He just said "I feel pretty confident that the ILL staff helped set it up".

During my level 99 stalking of his twitter page, I realized that he has recently jumped from following 81 peeps to 83 peeps. Any twitter insiders know who the 2 most recent follows are?

Vibes? Or is it Vbies?

Back