• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Good for him. But really an unmistakably questionable process and decision.

Enjoy that miserable fan base.

Sincerely doubt Illinois is the place to take him to where he wants to be.

Fuck Ayo. If you’re not with us, you’re against us, right? May you have the illustrious career of Harry Giles. Enjoy watching your team get thunder fucked next month.

Not a really big loss. No sour grapes but I'm absolutely indifferent to whether he actually has any success.

He made the wrong decision. I did that a lot when I was 17. Good luck to you Ayo.

No problem with the kid picking Illinois but he mocked Wake Forest. Simple as that.

This is nothing like Giles. We whiffed on Giles and had nothing left - we whiffed on Ayo and still have a way better class than Illinois. The classes were only something like 8 spots different last year. The addition of Alstork is pretty good and he will probably be their best player this year, but we do have more talent on our team.

Let’s get tat thread title changed Strick. Ready not to see this cat’s name anymore. No offense to our fellow poster who shares the moniker.

When Mark Smith jumps to the league next season who's Ayo going to play with?

I've been following this thing as a fan, but watching that stream, I just felt like a dad. It was cute, what any good natured 17 year old would do. I hope he has a good time in college.

It must be weird to be a college coach and have your career depend on these kinds of things.

This is nothing like Giles. We whiffed on Giles and had nothing left - we whiffed on Ayo and still have a way better class than Illinois. The classes were only something like 8 spots different last year. The addition of Alstork is pretty good and he will probably be their best player this year, but we do have more talent on our team.

On top of that Giles was a #1 overall recruit; Ayo is a borderline All-American

Would have been awesome to get Ayo but we'll still be good!

Oh well. Weird to say but doesn’t strike me as a huge loss. I said it earlier, but it isn’t a given he would have even started for us.

Back