• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

No sour grapes here, good luck to the kid, unfortunately he's gonna need it at Illinois. This decision was driven by his Dad's friendship with Coleman from the beginning unto the end we just watched (well some did, I didn't). From people in the know, barring injury or something else catastrophic, Crawford will be gone after next season and I think he will have a great year and be a late first or very early 2nd round choice. We are in good shape with Harris and a few other PG's for 2019 but we need a PG, or at least a combo guard, for 2018 and I think the staff will act accordingly. As mentioned earlier, I think we go for traction now with Herro and Lewis and perhaps others if we wait until Spring. Good effort in a predestined losing effort for Ayo, we did make it a little harder for Illinois on what most felt was a slam dunk for them from the beginning.

That's not exactly right. I'll concede this much.. We wouldn't likely have Ayo w/o Chin Coleman on the staff. He'd be Wake bound IMO.

But, to be fair, that's not really all there is about Chin Coleman. Coleman played for the CPL, later coached Whitney Young (a CPL school) and the AAU team "the fire" (later taken over by the Irvins renamed "mac irvin fire" who Ayo played for), was put in an admin role at Nebraska with Tim Miles (where he helped land a couple chicago kids), came back to Chicago to be an assistant at UIC, and last but not least was hired by Illinois.

He's a chicago guy but he's put in a good amount of footwork before he got this opportunity.. Actually a very intelligent coach and out of our assistants I think he's the best X's and O's guy and a true student of the game... But, yes, he was specifically hired to be the bridge to to land UI Chicago talent and although Illinois doesn't expect to suddenly get all mac irvin fire players it was assumed this relationship would help them navigate which guys to pursue and which would be a waste of time.. And how to pursue them.

Without him I think Ayo is indeed going to Wake but it's common practice to hire an assistant in part because of his recruiting connections and there's only so many national guys we could swing/miss on this year and we reached that number quickly this year.

Anyways best of luck to you guys. Might drop back by here before our game.

Best of luck to Ayo. Stay classy, Illinoise. See y'all in November. Jason Kidd better come to play.

In other news, I think it's about time to retire this thread. Thanks for the vibes, y'all. Unless anyone has objections, I'll put together the new thread over the weekend.

2018 is a hell of a class for Manning and the staff and I'm really excited for the future.

Best of luck to Ayo. Stay classy, Illinoise. See y'all in November. Jason Kidd better come to play.

In other news, I think it's about time to retire this thread. Thanks for the vibes, y'all. Unless anyone has objections, I'll put together the new thread over the weekend.

2018 is a hell of a class for Manning and the staff and I'm really excited for the future.

Make it so.

And thus it concluded.

Hell of a run. Let’s make 2019 even better.

Quinerly probably decommitted from Arizona when he heard Wake was still in the market for a PG, right?

Please remove Ayo's name from the thread title. I feel it is disrespectful to the awesome trio that chose Wake. Hoard, Mucius and Wright are the only three that deserve their names to be in bold letters on the thread title for 2018 Basketball recruiting.

Yeah remove Ayo from the title. No reason to give him any pub on the Wake Forest thread.

IN! Huge class, a lot of momentum, good times to be a Deac. Onward to 2019.

Yeah remove Ayo from the title. No reason to give him any pub on the Wake Forest thread.

Also this. When you wake up.

Ayo tweeted about Wake non stop just for some publicity and to make his announcement exciting. I do not wish him well at all, in fact I hope we play him several times during his miserable tenure at Illinois and beat the dog shit out of him every time. Chaundee, hoard, and mucius will basically be his daddies.

Ayo tweeted about Wake non stop just for some publicity and to make his announcement exciting. I do not wish him well at all, in fact I hope we play him several times during his miserable tenure at Illinois and beat the dog shit out of him every time. Chaundee, hoard, and mucius will basically be his daddies.
Recruits like to fuck with the fans of the losing team. It's shitty, but it happens a lot. With their decisions being leaked and predicted so early they have to do other dumb shit to keep the suspense up, because God forbid they just make an announcement without having a hat pick.

He didn't fuck with us. Get over it. He chose a local school over us. He chose the school that led throughout his recruitment. He chose a school where he would definitely start over one where his minutes weren't going to be determined until March or April.

He definitely fucked with us, but it was pretty transparent. Everyone knew where he was going already.

Recruits like to fuck with the fans of the losing team. It's shitty, but it happens a lot. With their decisions being leaked and predicted so early they have to do other dumb shit to keep the suspense up, because God forbid they just make an announcement without having a hat pick.

Exactly. The way Mucius announced via Twitter or online was the way to go. The instant I saw Ayo was doing his live in Chicago that was a dead giveaway. Just announce it online and get on with life. Don't string people along.

Back