• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

The top rated guy in the class having a rating 30% higher (and a solid five star?) than the highest rated guy last year is an improvement. Jamie Lewis is the wild card in this class. He was about #100 when injured. Not sure anybody knows what he will be when he arrives to play. Having Mucius at #102 is a pretty significant improvement over nobody when comparing class to class. Lorng is obviously the fifth guy "flyer" in the current class.

Why doesn't Mucius' #60 rating by ESPN count?

I will say that regardless of if Mucius is #68 or #82 or #102, I think he's going to be a good one for us.

The new rankings don't really change anything for me... The players we had yesterday are the same ones we have today.

Hoard is a stud
Mucius, imo, will be very good (meaning he should see the court from day one)
Lewis is a complete wildcard
Wright is somebody that Manning went after early... Have to assume he saw something there he liked (at least in terms of the style of basketball he wants to play)
Lorng was a late reach with zero expectations

Interesting note on Nat Dixon. He started in college on football scholarship at BC. After a year at BC he went JuCo to play BB and then went to UT-Chattanooga the last two years. So he is pretty well traveled and familiar with transferring. He will have attended four schools in five years. Apparently his true freshman season playing football at BC counted as a "redshirt" year for his basketball eligibility.

He does not look gang-affiliated on his twitter page. Netflix just goes way overboard with his criticisms at times.

Whatchu talkin bout blood?

2d0gi6o.png

23j6fpi.jpg

He does not look gang-affiliated on his twitter page. Netflix just goes way overboard with his criticisms at times.

Looking at his stats, he was the leading 3pt shooter at just over 39%. Second highers number of 3 pt shots taken on the team. His FT % was 73, and his overall shooting % was 43.

If the top picture is, indeed, a gang (it's not) then I wouldn't be overly worried about that.

My guess is his homie from the bottom picture got caught up trying to secure the bag. He lost his life to the game and ended up on a tee shirt in the top picture. All the homies showed up for the funeral with our recruit being the Gee Money to his Nino so he rounded up the crew for the photo op and poured one out for his boy trying to make it out the 444. #Ogang or don't bang.

My guess is his homie from the bottom picture got caught up trying to secure the bag. He lost his life to the game and ended up on a tee shirt in the top picture. All the homies showed up for the funeral with our recruit being the Gee Money to his Nino so he rounded up the crew for the photo op and poured one out for his boy trying to make it out the 444. #Ogang or don't bang.

LOL. So is Nat Dixon his brother's keeper or not?

netflix, you can believe whatyou want, but we KNOW Nat, Trey and Cole read these boards.

We know we are one of the two (maybe three finalists) for Nat.

Would you want play some place that "fans" oppose a coach has delivered a Top 15-25 recruiting class in less six months after arriving?

Would you want to play in a place where fans turned loudly on a coach after just fifty games? What do you think they would do to you as a player?

This a unique case. In close to fifty years of following college basketball, I don't think I've ever seen like it.

Would you want your kid to go to a school whose fans are as fickle and mean-spirited as many here are showing themselves to be?

Keep acting like assholes knowing the Dixon family sees it all. Just don't whine if he doesn't come here. Your selfish, childish, ignorant will have played a major part of pushing him away.

netflix, you can believe whatyou want, but we KNOW Nat, Trey and Cole read these boards.

We know we are one of the two (maybe three finalists) for Nat.

Would you want play some place that "fans" oppose a coach has delivered a Top 15-25 recruiting class in less six months after arriving?

Would you want to play in a place where fans turned loudly on a coach after just fifty games? What do you think they would do to you as a player?

This a unique case. In close to fifty years of following college basketball, I don't think I've ever seen like it.

Would you want your kid to go to a school whose fans are as fickle and mean-spirited as many here are showing themselves to be?

Keep acting like assholes knowing the Dixon family sees it all. Just don't whine if he doesn't come here. Your selfish, childish, ignorant will have played a major part of pushing him away.

LOL, I love it. If you're reading this Nat I'm sorry for blowing up your spot. #Ogang4lyfe.

Nice article about Hoard from today on the accsports.com site if anyone has access.

Back