• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Another scenario is that he has been told he will have to sit a year no matter where he goes and the lost year of eligibility is unimportant to him because he plans to go pro before he finishes four years.

If he was planning to go pro, the lost year would be much more important.

Thankfully the expert on ACC bylaws finally weighed in!

No, we all thought you were the expert, Racer. When I inquired about the issue before, you jumped right in to provide the wisdom that it was established he had to sit out a year. The circumstance dictated prudence at the time given Bey's interest in Wake, but that didn't stop you from answering the question as the true expert you must be, even when people like LesJohns indicated they didn't have a final word on it yet.

The saddest thing about the board is Chris, Milhouse, Racer. LK and the other usual suspects being so very interested in RJ and never changing their posts.

Racer pussied out in meeting up with Lectro.

Chickens are suing not to be used to describe Racer

No, we all thought you were the expert, Racer. When I inquired about the issue before, you jumped right in to provide the wisdom that it was established he had to sit out a year. The circumstance dictated prudence at the time given Bey's interest in Wake, but that didn't stop you from answering the question as the true expert you must be, even when people like LesJohns indicated they didn't have a final word on it yet.

Bullshit. Here's the conversation in it's entirety. I offered nothing concrete. I pointed to past discussions where folks had dug into and quoted the rules. RJ, on the other hand, has a tendency for being declarative rather than discussive.

Is it possible that if NC State waives the one-year requirement, he would be immediately eligible?

I'm not certain. I asked Les over at 247 and he said he'd ask around so hopefully will know soon.

When discussed in the past, I'm pretty sure the conclusion was that this is an ACC rule. It matters not what NC State does/says.

Correct. It is an ACC rule and he'd have to show some hardship to have it waived. An ACC review board would rule on the hardship request. Not sure how stringent they are on granting waivers.

Would somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be Racer's friend????

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in saying that he's just a lonely guy.

That's a much nicer outcome than thinking he is a inordinately creepy stalker who must live his life vicariously via following RJ around this board.

It's almost summer. So would someone who lives in Charlotte start beach season right by doing a good deed and befriending Racer.

I'm pretty sure he'd respond to your PM.

Bullshit. Here's the conversation in it's entirety. I offered nothing concrete. I pointed to past discussions where folks had dug into and quoted the rules. RJ, on the other hand, has a tendency for being declarative rather than discussive.

That is an accurate summary of the conversation and thus, it's not "bullshit." "It matters not what NC State does/says" is pretty concrete. I was aware that others had mentioned this rule previously. However, given the circumstance, it seems as if it might not have applied. Charlotte deferred, appropriately.

It's still not confirmed one way or the other. RJ opined on the issue. You mockingly called him an "expert."

This really isn't as crazy as some people are making it and has already been discussed, but go ahead and read verbatim from the bylaws for all those still floundering:

Section VI-3. Intra-Conference National Letter of Intent Rule.
An individual who signs a valid National Letter of Intent with an ACC institution and does not satisfy the one-year attendance requirement or the Junior College Graduation provision of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one (1) full academic years of residence at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one (1) season of eligibility in all sports. An individual receiving a mutual release per Item 5 of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one full academic year at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one season of eligibility in all sports. Waivers of the ACC rule must demonstrate objective evidence that proves the student-athlete’s extraordinary personal hardship merits a waiver of the normal application of the policy. These waivers may be considered by the ACC faculty athletics representatives, acting as a committee of the whole, only after all appeals to the National Letter of Intent Steering Committee and the National Letter of Intent Appeals Committee have been processed. (Revised: April 2007)

That is an accurate summary of the conversation and thus, it's not "bullshit." "It matters not what NC State does/says" is pretty concrete. I was aware that others had mentioned this rule previously. However, given the circumstance, it seems as if it might not have applied. Charlotte deferred, appropriately.

It's still not confirmed one way or the other. RJ opined on the issue. You mockingly called him an "expert."

I hate to have to explain this, but my second sentence in my post is related to the first sentence. They go together. You can tell that because they are written next to each other. It's a declaration that it matters not what NC State does/says assuming the info about the ACC to be true. This isn't hard.

I was mocking RJ, so you got that part correct.

Is it possible that if NC State waives the one-year requirement, he would be immediately eligible?

When discussed in the past, I'm pretty sure the conclusion was that this is an ACC rule. It matters not what NC State does/says.

This really isn't as crazy as some people are making it and has already been discussed, but go ahead and read verbatim from the bylaws for all those still floundering:

Section VI-3. Intra-Conference National Letter of Intent Rule.
An individual who signs a valid National Letter of Intent with an ACC institution and does not satisfy the one-year attendance requirement or the Junior College Graduation provision of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one (1) full academic years of residence at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one (1) season of eligibility in all sports. An individual receiving a mutual release per Item 5 of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one full academic year at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one season of eligibility in all sports. Waivers of the ACC rule must demonstrate objective evidence that proves the student-athlete’s extraordinary personal hardship merits a waiver of the normal application of the policy. These waivers may be considered by the ACC faculty athletics representatives, acting as a committee of the whole, only after all appeals to the National Letter of Intent Steering Committee and the National Letter of Intent Appeals Committee have been processed. (Revised: April 2007)

In other words, unless my understanding of this wording is way way off, it matters not what NC State does/says.

Given the text, I'm really surprised to hear that he has two ACC schools on his short list. One would have to assume he as already completed appeals to National Letter of Intent Steering Committee and the National Letter of Intent Appeals Committee, and has information that his waiver from the ACC has been or will be approved. I can't imagine what his "extraordinary personal hardship" could be, unless it has been completed unreported.

MichDeac

iFYeSMi.gif

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Grad Transfers Ikenna Smart and Torry Johnson to Wake!

I love how we can have the exact same discussion on Bey’s situation multiple times, yet it turns into a shitstorm every time. Even when there is zero new information.

NCSU grants him a full release and he starts looking at other ACC schools.

Everybody understands the ACC bylaws, but there is no clarity on its application to this particular set of circumstances.

We just have to wait and see. I mean, we can argue what should happen, but nobody here knows what will happen (yet).

What I want to know (and probably never will) is if Bey is being honest when he says he wanted to leave NCSU for a couple of weeks before it was announced (which just happened to be when SKJ transferred). Seems like there were insiders at NCSU that knew this before SKJ transferred, so perhaps it’s the truth.

Hope we land him. We need depth.

Back