• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

he calculates that by comparing home and road results, and...we suck on the road

Agreed. Are you talking about his most recent post using point spreads as the point of comparison. I'm assuming that the oddsmakers took our road ineptitude into consideration. I'm having trouble following his methodology. Looking at the figure for Duke by comparison, being good at home and away apparently mitigates any effect that I expected to see from the Cameron crowd.

So the Doral Moore plan. That’s good to hear. People keep knocking Moore for going pro but he did improve significantly.

yeah he went from useless to a serviceable college big man

What's your point? He improved because he didn't play much? That doesn't make sense.

I hope we have a serviceable center every year who shoots 69% and gets 9.4 rbg and 2 bpg. I'd be thrilled.

If we get Doral Moore production from ANY big man this year, I would be elated.

Not as unlikely as it sounds.

Someone is going to have to score...We only have so many "weapons". Sarr has also watched Collins and Moore's hard work pay off and will be busting his ass this off season to be the next Wake big to make pro money.

I touted Moore all off season while everyone was #TeamSam. I'll go on the record that Sarr is going to exceed expectations this year.

We have to replace Doral's 11.1 ppg, Bryant's 16.9 and Key's 11.9 ppg. When you add Sarr's added minutes, new body, finally getting rest before the season and being featured more, it's not outrageous at all to think he could rise up to 11 ppg.

In fact, it's necessary that it happen for us to be competitive.

Agreed RJ. Doubtful we have a PG who'll replace Craw's production but it could still be a net positive at that position for various reasons...AST, defense, chemistry, etc.

Hoping that Chaundee can step in and replace Key's scoring. Defensively, he's a massive step up.

From the Wrangor article: "Sarr connected on just 14-of-37 (37.8 FG%) attempts at the rim, per Synergy."

Given that his added bulk should lead to a higher FG percentage around the rim and an increase in rebounds, I don't think 10ppg is out of the question at all. I also expect him to shoot closer to his 70% high school FT percentage this year. It'll be interesting to see if the added bulk leads to a more low post centric game. Like most Euros, he seems to prefer finesse over power, so hopefully we don't cram a square peg in a round hole.

Back