• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

The article's transition defense stat (#310 in the country: 1.10 per possession) really jumped out.

To me that means the team was slow. Both in reacting and in foot speed. It is very difficult to stop a fast break if you are behind the ball.

Lack of size and quickness in the backcourt and wings and a slower rim protector.

To me that means the team was slow. Both in reacting and in foot speed. It is very difficult to stop a fast break if you are behind the ball.

Or run one. Our transition offense has been non-existent under Manning. I can't tell if it's strategy, lack of overall speed, or just an ineptitude in the passing game from our bigs. For all Manning does with bigs, passing, whether it be outlet or interior, has never been a strength.

Lack of size and quickness in the backcourt and wings and a slower rim protector.

And yet, we still should have been better than 310. There are plenty of teams ranked above us with less measurables.

The article's transition defense stat (#310 in the country: 1.10 per possession) really jumped out.

Making more shots would also help (except against outliers like Carolina who run regardless).

lack of defense due to: lack of athleticism; lack of well-drilled, well-learned scheme; but above all, lack of sufficient effort.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Grad Transfers Ikenna Smart and Torry Johnson to Wake!

And yet, we still should have been better than 310. There are plenty of teams ranked above us with less measurables.

Definitely. We should never be among the worst in the nation in any statistic.

Been living and dying with WF basketball for decades. I never minded suffering through coaching changes and being outmanned on the court. Last year was different. I was absolutely ashamed of our ungodly low bball IQ. At times the effort and chemistry looked off, but we were the dumbest ACC team I can remember. It was humiliating.

Been living and dying with WF basketball for decades. I never minded suffering through coaching changes and being outmanned on the court. Last year was different. I was absolutely ashamed of our ungodly low bball IQ. At times the effort and chemistry looked off, but we were the dumbest ACC team I can remember. It was humiliating.

Wait, last year was the tipping point for you? After the previous 7? I commend you on your ability to suffer.

Definitely. We should never be among the worst in the nation in any statistic.

I was surprised that our home court advantage ranking in the recent analysis by KenPom was not any worse than it is.

Thanks for posting, but I don’t think that guys has much of a clue.

Mucius at the 4?
Ikeen Smart and Christian Long?

I wouldn't be shocked if Mucius sees time at the 4.

Since we are going for French speaking players in recruiting now, an interesting player to keep an eye on would be 6'8 2020 PF Bryant Selebangue from K-Becc Canada eh? Has length, can guard the wing on a switch, rebounds his area, and finishes with dunks around the rim off the vertical. Still developing, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear this name down the line if we retain our other French speaking players past this upcoming season. Lancer la pièce en français!

I wouldn't be shocked if Mucius sees time at the 4.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense given how thin we are down low... But I can’t see that happening often unless Melo gives us nothing.

The way it was presented in that column was it was a natural rotation for Mucius to be at PF due to his height. I don’t agree with that... I don’t think he’s strong enough or good enough of a rebounder to fill that role. Not as equipped as Hoard, anyway.

Wouldn't that have something to do with the horrendous amount of live turnovers we made at the top of the key leading directly to transition buckets?

On a high note (or low depending on how you want to take it) Hoard is now a projected lottery pick for next year's draft in both SB Nation and Nbadraft.net (#8 and #13). I think by the start of the season he will be a top 15-20 pick in every single mock draft. How the season goes will dictate if he can 1-and-done lottery, but he is already being considered so perhaps we will have our first lottery pick since Dino days.

On a high note (or low depending on how you want to take it) Hoard is now a projected lottery pick for next year's draft in both SB Nation and Nbadraft.net (#8 and #13). I think by the start of the season he will be a top 15-20 pick in every single mock draft. How the season goes will dictate if he can 1-and-done lottery, but he is already being considered so perhaps we will have our first lottery pick since Dino days.

Start the rebuild again.

Back