• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

If they felt good about the team, why is the schedule so shitty?

My source tells me the staff feels really good about the roster this year, i dont see it, i doubt we win 14 games.

I get the impression from reading the tea leaves of a different source that there were serious personality issues on the team last year that impacted the team. Seemingly a much more positive team this year.

I get the impression from reading the tea leaves of a different source that there were serious personality issues on the team last year that impacted the team. Seemingly a much more positive team this year.

I think this is accurate but meaningless until Manning learns how to coach.

I love vagaries about team chemistry.

Why can't someone just say Bryant Crawford and Doral Moore are self-serving assholes if that's what they heard.

I love vagaries about team chemistry.

Why can't someone just say Bryant Crawford and Doral Moore are self-serving assholes if that's what they heard.

I don't think Moore was the problem. More likely Crawford and woods based on court body language and lack of hustle.

Losing creates issues that those in charge like to write off as personality issues...

Losing creates issues that those in charge like to write off as personality issues...

Yeah, I am probably less anti-Manning than 90%+ of folks on here, but even I have to admit that any chemistry issues are his fault. I mean, this is his team and his program.

Having said that, I am still optimistic and excited about the upcoming season. I think there will be significant upside to very low board expectations.

front_b4eb3844-d8c4-4867-b8ef-f12ba3197244.jpg

If they felt good about the team, why is the schedule so shitty?

To be fair, there is a chance that Wake will play UCF (projected to be #1 in American over Cincy & Wichita St), West Virginia, and Tennessee all away from home. The staff other than winning more games the prior year, has no control over being left out of the challenge. If Wake are to play those 3 listed opponents on top of 18 ACC games, the schedule is not going to be viewed as shitty by any measure.

To be fair, there is a chance that Wake will play UCF (projected to be #1 in American over Cincy & Wichita St), West Virginia, and Tennessee all away from home. The staff other than winning more games the prior year, has no control over being left out of the challenge. If Wake are to play those 3 listed opponents on top of 18 ACC games, the schedule is not going to be viewed as shitty by any measure.

The tough games are always tough. We rarely have a schedule without some tough games. The tough games you list include two maybes in a pre-season tournament where we aren't expected to be a contender and a contractual H&H with TN. What makes this year's schedule shitty is the level of cupcake we've chosen to fill out the schedule with outside of the contracts and pre-season tourney. They are games that are only scheduled when you have no expectations of being on the bubble. They are games that kill your RPI.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am probably less anti-Manning than 90%+ of folks on here, but even I have to admit that any chemistry issues are his fault. I mean, this is his team and his program.

Having said that, I am still optimistic and excited about the upcoming season. I think there will be significant upside to very low board expectations.

100% this.

The tough games are always tough. We rarely have a schedule without some tough games. The tough games you list include two maybes in a pre-season tournament where we aren't expected to be a contender and a contractual H&H with TN. What makes this year's schedule shitty is the level of cupcake we've chosen to fill out the schedule with outside of the contracts and pre-season tourney. They are games that are only scheduled when you have no expectations of being on the bubble. They are games that kill your RPI.

Exactly this.

And if we should happen to put things together in the second half of the season and finish above .500 in-conference, we're going to kill the league's RPI.

Back