• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Arguing about a how terrible a terrible schedule is. #lostdecade

F U ronnie.

Terrible schedules aren’t always a terrible thing. The conclusions drawn from results against terrible schedules are often terrible.

There’s a very small range you have to end up in for your schedule to make or break your shot at the tournament.

I think for this team, this schedule actually gives us the best shot at a successful season by easing a young experienced team into things.

Year 9 and wellman needs to create a terrible schedule to try and pass the look test. Won't pass the smell test.

As usual, Strickland would rather be an arrogant, passive-aggressive poster than be even minutely knowledgeable:

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/B...ss-NIT-game-vs-Louisiana-Lafayette-116242273/

"LSU will be without guard Brandon Rachal for its first round NIT matchup against Louisiana-Lafayette, a source confirmed with Geaux247. The freshman from Natchitoches, La. was not dressed for pregame warmups.

The 6-5, 215-pound forward is not injured, the source confirmed.

Or this one:

http://www.tigerrag.com/will-wade-updates-brandon-rachals-status-ahead-nit-matchup-utah/

Rachal will practice leading up to the game and travel with LSU to Salt Lake City, but his status remains up in the air for now.

“I would say he may have a shot (of playing),” Wade said. “It’s out of my hands.”

But Strickland would rather be snide than learn about any subject.

Strickland is both the arbiter about who is wrong and , of course, is never wong himself. As we have seen, he is always correct.

Is anyone more condescending than Strickland at this point?

If he's comfortable with being PHlite, that's his choice.

His misplaced arrogance makes it impossible for him to address RJ in a civil way. That's sad.

A quick search shows Rachal was suspended for LSU's NIT games.

Read the LSU boards... Most are OK with him transferring if it means they land a reclassifying Hyatt, but Rachal was lauded as a very good defender and rebounder who hustled and played with toughness. Pretty sure he can't shoot a lick, though.

I doubt we'll be a player for him... Tough to get past his multiple suspensions last season.

A quick search shows Rachal was suspended for LSU's NIT games.

Read the LSU boards... Most are OK with him transferring if it means they land a reclassifying Hyatt, but Rachal was lauded as a very good defender and rebounder who hustled and played with toughness. Pretty sure he can't shoot a lick, though.

I doubt we'll be a player for him... Tough to get past his multiple suspensions last season.

Thanks for the info...getting suspended multiple times at LSU doesn't augur well for his next stop.

Last edited:
Year 9 and wellman needs to create a terrible schedule to try and pass the look test. Won't pass the smell test.

That’s one way to look at it. It didn’t work 5 years ago (if that was his intention in [Redacted]’s final year) and I doubt it will work now ( though given how y’all love to cite w/l records maybe it will).

Of course another way to look at it is setting up a similar schedule to the one Skip set up for his young, inexperienced team in 07-08. That proved a wise decision as the confidence gained in the offseason carried over somewhat into ACC play that year and certainly helped them rattle off 17 straight to start the next year.

That’s one way to look at it. It didn’t work 5 years ago (if that was his intention in [Redacted]’s final year) and I doubt it will work now ( though given how y’all love to cite w/l records maybe it will).

Of course another way to look at it is setting up a similar schedule to the one Skip set up for his young, inexperienced team in 07-08. That proved a wise decision as the confidence gained in the offseason carried over somewhat into ACC play that year and certainly helped them rattle off 17 straight to start the next year.

Bobby Hoekstra isn’t walking through that door.

Neither Rivals nor ESPN has us having offered.

At LSU, he played a little under 16 MPG, but only took 5 threes in the entire season. A SG/SF who doesn't take threes is a red flag.

As usual, Strickland would rather be an arrogant, passive-aggressive poster than be even minutely knowledgeable:

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/B...ss-NIT-game-vs-Louisiana-Lafayette-116242273/

"LSU will be without guard Brandon Rachal for its first round NIT matchup against Louisiana-Lafayette, a source confirmed with Geaux247. The freshman from Natchitoches, La. was not dressed for pregame warmups.

The 6-5, 215-pound forward is not injured, the source confirmed.

Or this one:

http://www.tigerrag.com/will-wade-updates-brandon-rachals-status-ahead-nit-matchup-utah/

Rachal will practice leading up to the game and travel with LSU to Salt Lake City, but his status remains up in the air for now.

“I would say he may have a shot (of playing),” Wade said. “It’s out of my hands.”

But Strickland would rather be snide than learn about any subject.

I was just kidding with you, FYI.

Are your friends impressed by your depth of knowledge about Brandon Rachal?

I was just kidding with you, FYI.

Are your friends impressed by your depth of knowledge about Brandon Rachal?

Just want to point out that your response - post kidding - was more passive aggressive arrogant bullshit.

While I understand that RJ takes up a lot of electronic oxygen in this space and that can be frustrating - it can frustrate me - there is nothing more lame than internet passive aggressiveness. One would need to be excessively clever to overcome the miilquetoast-ness of it - and you don't hit that bar.

374647FE00000578-3742489-image-a-98_1471312453792.jpg

Carry on.

Last edited:
Just want to point out that your response - post kidding - was more passive aggressive arrogant bullshit.

While I understand that RJ takes up a lot of electronic oxygen in this space and that can be frustrating - it can frustrate me - there is nothing more lame than internet passive aggressiveness. One would need to be excessively clever to overcome the miilquetoast-ness of it - and you don't hit that bar.

374647FE00000578-3742489-image-a-98_1471312453792.jpg

Carry on.

I disappointed RJ and jaybone in the same day. What ever will I do!

What indication has Ron Wellmangiven lately that he cares at all about passing the look test?

That's all he cares about. Any improvement in w/l's helps him sell his version events to the yes men and women.

And i understand the idea of bringing a young team along slowly and build their confidence I just don't think that is what this is. ronnie does not want to be proven wrong again.

Back