• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

The tough games are always tough. We rarely have a schedule without some tough games. The tough games you list include two maybes in a pre-season tournament where we aren't expected to be a contender and a contractual H&H with TN. What makes this year's schedule shitty is the level of cupcake we've chosen to fill out the schedule with outside of the contracts and pre-season tourney. They are games that are only scheduled when you have no expectations of being on the bubble. They are games that kill your RPI.

Am I missing something? Based on RPI our schedule looks about the same as last season. I also wouldn’t count our chickens before they hatch. All of our cupcakes (NCAT, Houston Baptist, Charlotte, Gardner-Webb, Cornell) could end up in the 175-250 range or they could all end up being 300+.

Am I missing something? Based on RPI our schedule looks about the same as last season. I also wouldn’t count our chickens before they hatch. All of our cupcakes (NCAT, Houston Baptist, Charlotte, Gardner-Webb, Cornell) could end up in the 175-250 range or they could all end up being 300+.

Based on last year's season ending RPI, the average for the non-conf games we know we have (i.e. not including 2nd/3rd round of the pre-season tournament) calculates out to 200 RPI. Our non-conference last year averaged out to 175 RPI. Obviously how we do in the tournament will result in some changes to the positive...how much is yet to be seen. Kenpom paints a worse picture, with 4 teams ranked 300+ compared to only 1 last season, but to be fair, Kenpom is not RPI. RPI only has us playing two 300+ ranked teams this coming year.

It's already been debated/discussed here though:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/30033-Wake-Bball-OOC-Announced

Last edited:

Pretty confident that each of those cupcakes will be non-competitive next year. WF did not randomly pick those teams. WF wanted guaranteed wins.

Former Wake target (I think), Brandon Rachal transferring from LSU after 1 season.

I'll take another wing!

Neither Rivals nor ESPN has us having offered.

At LSU, he played a little under 16 MPG, but only took 5 threes in the entire season. A SG/SF who doesn't take threes is a red flag.

At LSU, he played a little under 16 MPG, but only took 5 threes in the entire season. A SG/SF who doesn't take threes is a red flag.

24/7 says we offered. And I definitely remember us discussing him previously.

He committed to Jones, who got fired. Wade managed to keep him around, but wanted him to be more of a garbage man... defend and get easy buckets underneath. He grew in that role as the season went on and had some really nice games down the stretch.

As you mention, it doesn't seem like he's a great shooter, so perhaps he doesn't fit into what Manning would like to do. But he seems like a high major player, especially if you give him a year of redshirting.

He committed to Jones, who got fired. Wade managed to keep him around, but wanted him to be more of a garbage man... defend and get easy buckets underneath. He grew in that role as the season went on and had some really nice games down the stretch.

As you mention, it doesn't seem like he's a great shooter, so perhaps he doesn't fit into what Manning would like to do. But he seems like a high major player, especially if you give him a year of redshirting.

We definitely offered him. I'm not sure we really need him at this point, though. I would be pleased if Wright had a freshman year like Rachal's.

Lists on the sites seem like they are made almost at random sometimes.

Why did he miss the NIT games after having three good games back-to-back-to-back? No one seems to have a reason.

After the season, he had foot surgery. That's another red flag.

Man, you're in this a little too deep, ATS. May I never know anything about LSU's 7th man.

Based on last year's season ending RPI, the average for the non-conf games we know we have (i.e. not including 2nd/3rd round of the pre-season tournament) calculates out to 200 RPI. Our non-conference last year averaged out to 175 RPI. Obviously how we do in the tournament will result in some changes to the positive...how much is yet to be seen. Kenpom paints a worse picture, with 4 teams ranked 300+ compared to only 1 last season, but to be fair, Kenpom is not RPI. RPI only has us playing two 300+ ranked teams this coming year.

It's already been debated/discussed here though:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/30033-Wake-Bball-OOC-Announced

Based on last year’s RPI the possible range is 175-195.

Given how much low majors fluctuate (every team on our schedule has been in the top 250 at least one of the last two seasons) year to year it’s pretty difficult to project how sweet your cupcakes are going to be.

Our schedule last year was about 13 RPI spots weaker on average compared to what the previous season’s RPI would have suggested. In 2016-17, it ended up being 18 spots stronger.

So basically the average RPI of next year’s schedule could easily be anywhere between 160-210. It’s a bad schedule for sure, but it doesn’t strike me as egregious.

For reference: the save [Redacted]’s job campaign of 13-14 had a projected range of 191-205 and ended up at 192

And the young pups campaign of 2007-08 had a projected average of 166 (counting new to division 1 schools as 337) and ended up being 184.

Why did he miss the NIT games after having three good games back-to-back-to-back? No one seems to have a reason.

After the season, he had foot surgery. That's another red flag.

I don't know anything about the guy, but if he had foot surgery after the season and missed the NIT games after having three good games, it sounds to me like he...hurt his foot before the NIT games.

I don't know anything about the guy, but if he had foot surgery after the season and missed the NIT games after having three good games, it sounds to me like he...hurt his foot before the NIT games.

NAH !

Man, you're in this a little too deep, ATS. May I never know anything about LSU's 7th man.

Saw he was transferring on Twitter.

Remembered the name and that we offered.

Googled him.

Read one article about him on some LSU site.

Arguing about a how terrible a terrible schedule is. #lostdecade

F U ronnie.

Back