• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Massoud seems like he actually is what I was hoping that Donovan Mitchell might have been/become for us.

Mucius and Massoud could evolve into a nice pairing for us. Their skill sets, at least at the moment, complement each other nicely.

Agreed.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - 2019 SF Ismael Massoud commits to Wake!

Now we need Harris, Moore, and a big man.

For reference, here's a very early look at how the 2019 ACC classes look so far (247 ranks):

Boston College
-Jay Heath, SG, 3*, #294
-Kamari Williams, SG, NR

Clemson
-Chase Hunter, CG, 3*, #135

Duke
-No commits

Florida State
-Zimife Nwokeji, SF, 3*, #190
-Nathanael Jack, SG, NR

Georgia Tech
-No commits

Louisville
-Samuell Williamson, SF, 4*, #45
-David Johnson, CG, 4*, #72
-Jaelyn Withers, PF, 4*, #86
-Josh Nickelberry, SG, 4*, #96

Miami
-No commits

NC State
-No commits

North Carolina
-Armando Bacot, C, 5*, #19
-Jeremiah Francis, PG, 3*, #178

Notre Dame
-No commits

Pittsburgh
-No commits

Syracuse
-Brycen Goodine, SG, 4*, #91

Virginia
-Casey Morsell, SG, 4*, #55
-Kadin Shedrick, C, 4*, #63

Virginia Tech
-Jarren McAllister, SG, 3*, #254

Wake Forest
-Ismael Massoud, SF, 4*, #125

Good stuff Waldo.

A few thoughts:

- For all the grousing about WF 2019 recruiting, most ACC schools still have a ton of work to do.
- What's the deal with UNC signing a PG ranked #178? Is he a preferred walk-on?
- For all of the love this board heaps on Buzz Williams, while VT is in a better place than WF, they are just another mediocre power school program.

Good stuff Waldo.

A few thoughts:

- For all the grousing about WF 2019 recruiting, most ACC schools still have a ton of work to do.
- What's the deal with UNC signing a PG ranked #178? Is he a preferred walk-on?
- For all of the love this board heaps on Buzz Williams, while VT is in a better place than WF, they are just another mediocre power school program.

Francis was an early commitment. He was a top 50-60ish type of player when he committed. He has dropped in the rankings.

Buzz has done a really good job at VT. Decent hype surrounding the Hokies for this upcoming season and they have made it to back to back NCAA tournaments.

I'm cautious about what I see on 247. They showed (as of yesterday) Robbie Brenan as "cool" on VT even though they made his final four.

Good stuff Waldo.

Middle of the pack in the ACC is a good place to be. Has Buzz elevated the program to the point that another established coach will come in after he leaves? That's a huge question for Hokie fans. Blacksburg is a great place to go to school but a hard place to recruit to. If they ever complete the new connector road off I-81, maybe the drive up the mountain from Roanoke won't seem so long to recruits.

Middle of the pack in the ACC is a good place to be. Has Buzz elevated the program to the point that another established coach will come in after he leaves? That's a huge question for Hokie fans. Blacksburg is a great place to go to school but a hard place to recruit to. If they ever complete the new connector road off I-81, maybe the drive up the mountain from Roanoke won't seem so long to recruits.

Is easier access to Roanoke supposed to help with recruiting?

Anthony Harris is taking an official visit to Duke this weekend.

Wow, Duke getting desperate and opening up to people they haven't been recruiting. If Harris commits to them after they've been recruiting him for 1 week, over schools like us that have been recruiting him for years, then I'd rather he goes there. He'll learn a hard lesson about loyalty if he goes there and gets recruited over within 1 season.

Enjoy playing behind some other stud recruit for four years.

That same lesson that past Dook recruits have failed to learn? Yeah I wouldn’t hold my breath. That rat will lie right to their face and say whatever it takes. And probably get Capel to hand them a sack of cash.

I wonder how many programs are planning ahead to 2020-21 thinking about the NBA/USA Bball changing their rules and putting twenty or so top players into a training program each year. It will create different strategies.

I wonder how many programs are planning ahead to 2020-21 thinking about the NBA/USA Bball changing their rules and putting twenty or so top players into a training program each year. It will create different strategies.

Good point RJ, it will definitely change the dynamic of recruiting for the top 20 kids each year. As for Harris, he is a very good player and "coach on the floor" type kid who is under valued IMO but unfortunately, I think with his primary recruiter for Wake likely gone, doesn't look good for us

Good point RJ, it will definitely change the dynamic of recruiting for the top 20 kids each year. As for Harris, he is a very good player and "coach on the floor" type kid who is under valued IMO but unfortunately, I think with his primary recruiter for Wake likely gone, doesn't look good for us

If this rule goes into action, I think Jay Wright will further distance himself from the pack as the best college coach in America. Among his great talents is the ability to focus in on players in the 30-85 range and make them into a national contender/champion. This is something the blue bloods have never had to do.

Given that there are a ton of misses after you get out of the Top 20, this is hugely important.

Is easier access to Roanoke supposed to help with recruiting?

Considering it probably takes close to an hour to get from the Roanoke airport to anyplace on the Va Tech campus, it might. I don't know if the basketball team flies a private plane in and out of the Va Tech Montgomery County airport to get to Atlanta, Miami, Syracuse, Raleigh, Tallahassee, Greenville, and Boston, but I doubt it.

Back