• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I really want Harris. I would think based on the availability of playing time and CP3 we would be in this one til the end. Losing his primary recruiter to a death punch really sucks.

Is easier access to Roanoke supposed to help with recruiting?

I think the treck up Christiansburg Mountain may, and I emphasize may, make a bad first impression on some kids who are not sure about coming to a rural area.

Not that we would've beat out Kansas for this kid, but I wish we got on him harder before they got involved to seal the deal. Would've been nice to pair Massoud with a 6'6 PG who can do this

Edit: I didn't think he was as good this summer, but he just keeps rapidly getting better. With hindsight he was a good offer and the staff was ahead of the curve on spotting his talent and potential.

Last edited:
Its a fact its not supposed to be funny

Edit: My point is there are lots of reasons why a recruit may not be into VTech, be it rural traveling or a history of violence on campus.

If the shootings hadn't been 11 years ago and if the VT hadn't made the effort to recognize the horror that happened by creating a memorial in the middle of campus and holding an annual day of remembrance, you might have a point about the shootings. As it is, the sense of community that has only grown after them should be a positive.

I like the fact that he seems to be ready to shoot. This is important.

He made a nice pass. I think we're going to like that.

Who's next?

I like the fact that he seems to be ready to shoot. This is important.

He made a nice pass. I think we're going to like that.

Who's next?

Wendell Moore has not made any comments about Duke since his visit last weekend. Could be good for us. If he did come here I wonder how he and Massoud would push Chaundee and Mucius. If Hoard came back and we landed both Massoud and Moore, we would likely have the best rotation of wings in the ACC.

If Hoard plays anything like people say he will (and I hope he does), it's not likely he'll return.

Chaundee, Mucius, Moore and Massoud would be a very, very nice rotation.

It's going to be interesting to see the progress of Wright and the elusive Jamie Lewis.

If Hoard plays anything like people say he will (and I hope he does), it's not likely he'll return.

It's going to be interesting to see the progress of Wright and the elusive Jamie Lewis.

And if that's the case, we'll be better than many here think we will be.

Lets not forget Mike Wynn, or as someone on BSD wrote Melo Eggleston who is poised for a breakout yearFacepalm.

Wright and Lewis are two of the most intriguing players in a long time. Lewis was a rising star and then disappeared for 18+ months. What's going to happen with him? Wright has a man's body and has been taught to play by a dad who got the most out of his talent. Jr. can play multiple positions. But he is a mystery.

I have no idea where Wendell will end up. Couldn’t even begin to guess. A strong argument could be made for any of the NC schools he’s visiting.

He didn’t say anything after his visit to either of State or Wake right? Those articles could be a Duke fan knee-jerking because Duke fans are always the entitled ones.

Back