• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Looking at the Findlay Prep site, Lewis is on the roster but his name doesn't appear in any of the box scores.

I hope we aren't seeing another wasted year like Doral had at Montverde.

Doral rode the pine so that E.J. Montgomery could play as a frosh. E.J. was a good player even then.

He was earlier this year but that is a good question, is he still hurt?

If he isn’t playing at all I would think he is definitely Still injured. No HS Team is so good that a consensus top 150 (previously top 75 before injury) recruit wouldn’t get in the Box score if healthy.

When I played high school basketball, it was a big deal when they finally let us play hip-hop during pregame warmups.

We didn’t have a laser light show and a fucking DJ/MC during the game.

Did they play Sugar Hill Gang and Run DMC?

I don't get it. Sounds like it may be a good thing they decommitted?

Our pregame jams were drums made from animal skins and lyres.

7ae.png

Wake Forest was in to see 6'9" PF Omar Payne last night. Don't see him leaving the state of Florida though

They are three guys that VT had locked up in the same class that aren't high major caliber players.

Only Mack would have filled a current need. A sauce tells me VT is in good shape with Florent Thamba, a 2018 big, so Mack's de-commit is not a huge deal.

If you were a school, why would you take a commitment from a middle schooler or super young high schooler? I get it from the kids' perspective, sure. But if a kid commits really early to a program then blows up nine times out of ten they'll just re-open their recruitment, right?

If I'm not mistaken didn't Alford and Damon Bailey commit to Indiana in junior high?

On the other end, Taylor King decommitted from UCLA to attend Duke. But he was a superstar from 7th or 8th grade.

If you were a school, why would you take a commitment from a middle schooler or super young high schooler? I get it from the kids' perspective, sure. But if a kid commits really early to a program then blows up nine times out of ten they'll just re-open their recruitment, right?

Kids reopening their recruitment due to them blowing up really doesn't happen that often. Certainly not like it does in football.

Any scoop on Hoard or Mucius this season so far?

Back