• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

In the U18 FIBA Americas semis and finals, Neath scored a total of two points.

Tyrese Samuel had 11 and 13 in the same games.

Neath is not impressive to me. I think he has good passing skills, but thats about it. Would rather not give a scholly to a guard this year (unless Cole Anthony chooses us by miracle) and recruit all the 2020 guys like Adam Miller, Jalen Cone, Jaden Springer, and Keon Johnson.

Recently took an unofficial to NCSU.

Has an official visit late next week at Virginia Tech.

Is this rock bottom or do we have to wait for them all to commit?

Poor Les. He has to hunt down kids nobody has ever heard of instead of just checking the top 100 list.

I'm ok with the Brice offer. Brice is a 6-7 guy who can shoot, lead Team Loaded 704 in scoring this past summer, and is a late bloomer both in terms of height and skills. We can take 4 guys for 2019 and he has enough late blooming potential that its not a complete waste of a scholarship. He would add more than a guy like Bilau or Neath could.

Yeah, in the few minutes I've looked at Brice and his tapes, he doesn't seem like a complete stiff. I do think that he is a late bloomer in that he's added 3-4" over the last couple of years. There is a big difference between 6'3" 170 and 6'7" 190. If he's really drawing interest from other ACC schools like NCSU & VT, it's not a complete shot in the dark.

Not defending... Just saying I'm willing to see how this plays out.

Yeah, in the few minutes I've looked at Brice and his tapes, he doesn't seem like a complete stiff. I do think that he is a late bloomer in that he's added 3-4" over the last couple of years. There is a big difference between 6'3" 170 and 6'7" 190. If he's really drawing interest from other ACC schools like NCSU & VT, it's not a complete shot in the dark.

Not defending... Just saying I'm willing to see how this plays out.

Yeah he's drawn enough interest that Tony Bennett and Keatts went to see him play live. Charlotte also has way more local talent than Canadian leagues or French basketball courts being held up by duct tape. In the class of 2019 you have 3 top-100 forwards in Wendell Moore, Patrick Williams, and Jaelyn Withers all from the Charlotte area. At least Brice comes from a more proven area for talent. Don't think he'll be anywhere near the top 100 when all is said and done, but expect him to be in the top 247 where Neath and Bilau won't be.

Don't think he'll be anywhere near the top 100 when all is said and done, but expect him to be in the top 247 where Neath and Bilau won't be.

In other words, still a long shot at being an effective ACC player, but not nearly as long as some of the others. :thumbsup:

In other words, still a long shot at being an effective ACC player, but not nearly as long as some of the others. :thumbsup:

Basically, but at least Woodberry has found 1 diamond in the rough here over his 5 year tenure, so his salary hasn't been a complete waste now.

A program in total disarray doesn't have the luxury to take a flyer on a prospect or two in each class. UVA can put him on the bench for a few years and let him develop his game. At Wake he would just transfer....

Back