• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

A program in total disarray doesn't have the luxury to take a flyer on a prospect or two in each class. UVA can put him on the bench for a few years and let him develop his game. At Wake he would just transfer....

Especially since, if history is any indication, they won't be in the program long enough to develop anyway.

A program in total disarray doesn't have the luxury to take a flyer on a prospect or two in each class. UVA can put him on the bench for a few years and let him develop his game. At Wake he would just transfer....

After last season its not really a choice, they will have to take at least 1 flyer.

Especially since, if history is any indication, they won't be in the program long enough to develop anyway.

Yup, that cannot continue at Wake. Manning has a lot going against him as a coach, plenty of things to knock, but losing guys to transfer or early for whatever reasons as much as he does is ridiculous.

After last season its not really a choice, they will have to take at least 1 flyer.

Unless something major changes, we're looking at 3 flyers and Massoud who would be a class filler in a good recruiting year. What's the chance we actually land a Top-100 player in this class at this point? It can't be appreciably more than 0, right? I guess the best shot is that Massoud gets a little bump?

Yeah, in the few minutes I've looked at Brice and his tapes, he doesn't seem like a complete stiff. I do think that he is a late bloomer in that he's added 3-4" over the last couple of years. There is a big difference between 6'3" 170 and 6'7" 190. If he's really drawing interest from other ACC schools like NCSU & VT, it's not a complete shot in the dark.

Not defending... Just saying I'm willing to see how this plays out.

Hopefully, if he signs, he will truly be a late bloomer.

Unless something major changes, we're looking at 3 flyers and Massoud who would be a class filler in a good recruiting year. What's the chance we actually land a Top-100 player in this class at this point? It can't be appreciably more than 0, right? I guess the best shot is that Massoud gets a little bump?

I guess that depends on if we make Cole Anthony's top 5. He will be announcing it soon.

4-star 2020 C offer Ebenezer Dowuona was featured on Rivals today, and he had a quote which may work in our favor; he mentioned that he’ll be taking the academic side of the process seriously and wants to major in business management. His relationship with the coaching staff will be an important factor for him as well.

Now he’s a kid we should be competitive for.

Of note Buzz has been killing it since the Anthony Harris commit, now has 4 guys that don't suck. Mack will probably get the Irish Hulk to commit tomorrow, meaning Louisville will have the #1 class in the country. Roy and K will get theirs, plus Boeheim and Syracuse are killing it too. UVA has 2 top-100 guys. Basically the ACC is doing extremely well in recruiting, we have 1 guy who is good, but need a couple more. It also doesn't look like we are in good shape to get a couple more. Manning needs another miracle.

Les just retweeted Lynn Kidd (2021) saying he has an offer from Wake.

PF 6’9” 220 from The Rock in Gainesville. Pretty sure that was Wilbekin’s HS.

Lots of other offers lately, including the Gators.

Wake Forest has offered 2019 @WAPrepHoop big man Ody Oguama
@WakeRivals

Yet another new 2019 recruiting profile that Les is going to have to add into 247...

Big offer list, including UNC Asheville. Hope we can reel him in!

Quinnipiac
Florida International
UMass
Radford
New Hampshire
Coppin State
Gardner Webb
Winthrop
Norfolk State
Lafayette
UNC-Asheville
North Carolina Central
Coastal Carolina

Last edited:
I’m all for trying to grab under-the-radar recruits, but Manning really seems to be grasping at straws with the last few offers.

Back