• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I’m all for trying to grab under-the-radar recruits, but Manning really seems to be grasping at straws with the last few offers.

Ody is listed at 6-9, 185. Skinny, but I'm not sure I'd call him a straw.

He’s digging the hole deeper for our next head coach.

To be fair, when the next coach informs these guys that their scholarship will not be renewed, it will be a big step in preparing them for when the ball stops bouncing. Manning is just following through on his stated goals.

This is why you don't keep the coach past the sell by date.

Would it be callous to dismiss the coach just before the season starts?

This is why you don't keep the coach past the sell by date.

Would it be callous to dismiss the coach just before the season starts?

I just went back through all of the classes on 247 from Dino to present to see where this class would stack if Massoud is our best commit. Two things stand out:
1) It wouldn't be the worst, but it definitely would rank near the bottom.
2) Based on the rankings of past players and how they turned out, there are some people who are REALLY REALLY overconfident about how much improvement the current freshmen are going to bring this year. Hope springs eternal.

I’m all for trying to grab under-the-radar recruits, but Manning really seems to be grasping at straws with the last few offers.

It's one thing to have 10-11 really solid-excellent players and taking a chance on 2-3 guys versus having a team full of them.

Still waiting from guys like RChill and MichDeac to tell us whether or not we can start being concerned about this class being a complete dumpster fire.

Based on the Bilau, Neath, and Ody offers Wake Forest should fire Manning immediately. 3 big reaches. What a loser.

I don't know what I'm more concerned about...the fact that we offered these guys or that they haven't committed within minutes of receiving our offer.

I don't know what I'm more concerned about...the fact that we offered these guys or that they haven't committed within minutes of receiving our offer.

Both are terribly alarming, but that fact he is still here goes to show that 10 years later Wellman still doesn't know shit about basketball.

Still waiting from guys like RChill and MichDeac to tell us whether or not we can start being concerned about this class being a complete dumpster fire.

I take solace in knowing that Manning DESERVED this year.

Staff was supposed to be at this scrimmage (Oak Hill v Hargrave). Not sure if they were, may have been too busy chasing down guys that have offers from Kent State or UNC Asheville.

Seriously. Didn’t we beat the brakes off Quinnipiac last season?

Staff was supposed to be at this scrimmage (Oak Hill v Hargrave). Not sure if they were, may have been too busy chasing down guys that have offers from Kent State or UNC Asheville

Not sure I understand why Cole is wearing long sleeves, but it's nice to see some real basketball being played compared to some of the videos I've been watching of our more recent offers.

Back