• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

You’re proving my point. Either we’re not following up or the staff is really bad at maintaining communication. Neither option is that great. We’re offering prospects and then end up bringing late offers onto campus. It’s a weird use of resources and time. Whether that’s good or bad, I guess, depends on how you evaluate the results. Sometimes it has paid off for the staff. Most of the time it hasn’t.

How if offering a kid early - like Massoud - bringing him on campus and getting a commitment proving your point that we're not following up with kids we offer. Are you privy to the communications the coaches send the players?

I don't doubt that we offer a bunch of kids early, some winnow out, some pass on us. We move onto other targets. But your point that the staff is just not following up on players they offer is way, way, way beyond the actual information you are privy to.

Kids sure as shit aren't talking about us and our recruiting efforts. Most 16-17 years can't shut the fuck up.

How if offering a kid early - like Massoud - bringing him on campus and getting a commitment proving your point that we're not following up with kids we offer. Are you privy to the communications the coaches send the players?

I don't doubt that we offer a bunch of kids early, some winnow out, some pass on us. We move onto other targets. But your point that the staff is just not following up on players they offer is way, way, way beyond the actual information you are privy to.

That’s not my point. I’m merely pointing out what I’ve seen. We offer a ton of players early, are linked to some of them, and then they rarely become the players we bring out on OVs and ultimately get commitments from, etc. You can infer any number of things from this pattern (and the fact that we’re doing a full rebuild for like the fourth time in 10 years), but the fact is that we rarely stay on guys we offer early.

You’re right. I don’t have a ton of direct contact with the staff anymore or with local basketball. But my observations aren’t made in a vacuum. I keep up with friends and posters who are still in the basketball world (Wake-wise and elsewhere), follow Les’s work a lot, and subscribe to his board. I actually feel like a lot of folks who regularly post on this thread would benefit from supporting Les’s work.

It’s safe to say that the consensus from anybody who isn’t an AD employee (though I think plenty of folks in the AD are embarrassed by this situation) or a die hard sunshiner is that our basketball recruiting is a shit show and nobody has any idea about what’s going on. I’ll let other posters you named speak for themselves tho.

I realize that this may trigger you as a sunshine brigadier, but I assure you that that’s all I’m trying to say.

Just for the record, something happened early in the process after our offer to Chol and he will not be coming to Wake (don't know all the details but we need to forget him)

Just for the record, something happened early in the process after our offer to Chol and he will not be coming to Wake (don't know all the details but we need to forget him)

By the way

I feel like I have to say this before everything I say to ensure people don’t take it the wrong way, but the following statement is not meant to say we’re going to land any other good recruits.

A lot of the kids we’ve landed have been really quiet on social media. A lot of the kids were recruiting right now are generally quiet on social media about recruiting - outside of posting pictures right after visits.

Disclaimer: I don’t pay close attention to kids twitter feeds. I check every now and then when I see something retweeted into my timeline about recruiting/after one of their visits.

So you're saying someone on our staff screwed up early on, and it went undiscussed? Yet another strike against Manning & Co, sabotaging their own ability to land a top 50 Center.

Don't think it was anything due to our staff in this instance. No further explanation to me will be given so we just need to move on. I would note he has no visits set up to any school as of yet

Don't think it was anything due to our staff in this instance. No further explanation to me will be given so we just need to move on. I would note he has no visits set up to any school as of yet

Clearly he intends to spend a year in China.

Maybe he's gonna sign to a New Balance (or other random shoe company) internship like the one dude I read about yesterday.

So all the information you heard was something happened, you don't know what it is, but its not our staff's fault? That answer is so vague it sounds like something Manning would say when asked a direct question by Les. Sounds like BS excuses to me, some kids are hard to recruit but the Duke's and UNC's of the world find a way to get it done.

Also RazorWFU is a bitch. You can suck my dick.

s0toqeB.jpg

So all the information you heard was something happened, you don't know what it is, but its not our staff's fault? That answer is so vague it sounds like something Manning would say when asked a direct question by Les. Sounds like BS excuses to me, some kids are hard to recruit but the Duke's and UNC's of the world find a way to get it done.

This. It’s a huge condemnation of this staff that they haven’t been able to retroactively establish us as one of the greatest basketball programs of all time and then use that success on the recruiting trail.

So you're saying someone on our staff screwed up early on, and it went undiscussed? Yet another strike against Manning & Co, sabotaging their own ability to land a top 50 Center.

You’re baseless conclusion sounds like BS. Mine is a fact.

Back