• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

FWIW, the following programs also have commitments from guys in the 400-450 range: Syracuse, Florida, Kansas State, Illinois, and Penn State.

Link please. 247 has one “hard commitment” listed for Illinois, a power forward ranked at 125; three signees listed for UFL, #11, #28, and #35; three signees listed The Orange, #92, #110 and #197, plus a “hard commitment” from #400. Your assertion for the perennial basketball power house Penn State appears to be correct and also for K-State.

FWIW, the following programs also have commitments from guys in the 400-450 range: Syracuse, Florida, Kansas State, Illinois, and Penn State.

Lol Florida has two five stars and a four star. Perhaps you meant Florida A&M.

Link please. 247 has one “hard commitment” listed for Illinois, a power forward ranked at 125; three signees listed for UFL, #11, #28, and #35; three signees listed The Orange, #92, #110 and #197, plus a “hard commitment” from #400. Your assertion for the perennial basketball power house Penn State appears to be correct and also for K-State.

The Illini was a crystal ball prediction, not a commitment. Not easy to tell the difference at first glance on the mobile site.

Syracuse has a hard commitment from #400 and Florida has one from #433. I’ve never had cause to scroll down that far in the recruiting rankings so I thought I’d share my findings.

The Illini was a crystal ball prediction, not a commitment. Not easy to tell the difference at first glance on the mobile site.

Syracuse has a hard commitment from #400 and Florida has one from #433. I’ve never had cause to scroll down that far in the recruiting rankings so I thought I’d share my findings.

Which Florida are you talking about? Or maybe it's a different year? 2019 has the #11, #28 and the #35 players in the class listed on 247:https://247sports.com/college/florida/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

Neath looks like a player on tape. Good size, vision, hops, and shot. Top 150 player.

Awesome, we’re recruiting just as well as Syracuse, Florida, and Illinois!

MIKE WHITE has mr. 433 coming on as a walk-on you dummy

Did I say otherwise? I think y’all are reading a lot into a simple observation that simply isn’t there. I’m just a casual observer of recruiting and made a casual observation because I was genuinely surprised to see other P5 schools that low.

I’m on record multiple times that Oguama isn’t an acceptable recruit for Wake and that the class as it stands now isn’t acceptable.

Is that 247’s distinction between a hard commitment and a signee? “Hard commitments” are preferred walk ons and “signees” are scholarship players? If so Syracuse’s #400 is also a preferred walk on, I think.

Manning better hope so. Without him or someone better this class is a fireable offense* barring something truly unforeseen happening on the court.

*In the fantasy world where Wake is a normal P5 school and has a competent AD

Did Cole Anthony sign anywhere yet?

Back