• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Lol, we tend to come to a consensus around here by repeating over and over again something someone made up.

Or we assume there's a consensus because a vocal minority agrees on it.

You literally posted as evidence of a consensus a post that opens with "my guess would be...".

You literally posted as evidence of a consensus a post that opens with "my guess would be...".

you're right, and this particular issue is of such vital importance, how dare I give it such short shrift

allow me to expand:

*I and others have asked whether Johnson would be back (to play men's basketball, on scholarship, for Wake Forest University, in 2019-2020); the question has been raised somewhere within the ogboards.com domain somewhere between 3 and eleventy billion times
*response has been less than robust; however those who have dared to hazard a guess (which coincidentally, next to mindless semantics arguments, seems to be the bulk of discussion on the recruiting thread) have guessed that he won't be back
*please treat this information as that provided on a sports message board and not the pages of the Wall Street Journal

Can you show where this has been discussed? I'm pretty sure I follow all the hoops discussion and I've never seen it.

done, see above for one example

feel free to add to the discussion

You asked a question and one person guessed.

This is what I know. He has two years of eligibility remaining. There's nothing to discuss.

You asked a question and one person guessed.

This is what I know. He has two years of eligibility remaining. There's nothing to discuss.

wow, cool, I guess we can shut down the thread

I asked the question as a response to a summary of remaining 'ships that presumed an opening that is not readily apparent

if we sign Bilau (as was predicted up above), we're one over the limit - it seems relevant to mention that, as even though attrition happens every year, this would mean the staff is actively planning for someone to leave

wow, cool, I guess we can shut down the thread

I asked the question as a response to a summary of remaining 'ships that presumed an opening that is not readily apparent

if we sign Bilau (as was predicted up above), we're one over the limit - it seems relevant to mention that, as even though attrition happens every year, this would mean the staff is actively planning for someone to leave

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/30588-Jaylen-Hoard-NBA-Draft-Watch

The list includes Hoard. It would be a shocker if he doesn't leave as a first round pick. We won't be over.

Not taking sides here, but it has definitely been "discussed"

I put discussed in quotes because nobody knows anything.

When we first got Johnson, I assumed he was a 2 year guy. But there have been some posts implying otherwise... And nothing concrete to suggest he's a 2 year guy (aside from wakeforestsports.com).

I recall it also being mentioned on one of the game broadcasts... That he was a grad transfer, but could apply for another year of eligibility due to his prior injury.

As I've said over and over again, the DEMS should NOT nonimate anyone over 60 for POTUS in 2020

Hey - I follow Wake boards myopically, and I don't recall us discussing the DEMS POTUS nominee for 2020 having to be under 60 on this thread ... Could you please waste your time and comb back over the last 9 months of posts to find where anyone said this?

If Manning is back, then do you think he can really recruit a better post-grad than Johnson? He couldn’t this year. He’s playing relatively well and we’ll still need guard depth next year. Look at our 2019 recruiting. If he gets an extra year of eligibility, then he’ll be back. That’s my guess.

Given the attrition to the Wake Forest basketball roster over the past twelve months, any opinion regarding the 2019-20 basketball roster is pure speculation. Carry on.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - 2019 Recruits Massoud, Neath, and Oguama sign LOIs!

correct.

when was the last time WF basketball had signed LOI's plus returning players in excess of the scholarship limit? I don't believe it's ever happened

If I recall correctly, when they signed John Collins for the 2015 class.

Back