• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

No idea why people are down on Wynn. He should be an important contributor in a couple of years, unlike a few of the mid-major stiffs Manning has recruited in the past.

Agree. We need people with upside promise to stay with the team. He's not a one-and-done, but he contributed.

Neath looks pretty decent in that video. I understand it’s Canada but he definitely seems like he could be a useful player.

Agree.
Looks quick, athletic and is a good jumper. Definitely knows how to hang on the rim following dunks.
The video showed some good passing too.
And he's a National POY.
I'll take him.

Because you know you want it:

PG: Chill 30; Wright 4; Neath 6
SG: White 20 Wright 16; Johnson/Massoud 4
SF: Brown 28; Massoud 10; Wynn 2
PF: Hoard 28; Mucius 10; Oguama 2
C: Sarr 28; Coleman 8; Okeke/Oguama 4

But you know if Johnson stays he plays 12 minutes a game somehow. I swear he reminds of Rip Hamilton without the basketball skillz

Agree.
Looks quick, athletic and is a good jumper. Definitely knows how to hang on the rim following dunks.
The video showed some good passing too.
And he's a National POY.
I'll take him.

National or Province POY?

The worst thing would be to get Anthony and have Hoard stay one more year. We’d be good enough that even manning couldn’t mess it up. We’d make it to the second round of the NCAAs, and Manning would get another extension. Then we’d lose the entire team the following year (Childress, Anthony, Hoard, maybe Brown).

The worst thing would be to get Anthony and have Hoard stay one more year. We’d be good enough that even manning couldn’t mess it up. We’d make it to the second round of the NCAAs, and Manning would get another extension. Then we’d lose the entire team the following year (Childress, Anthony, Hoard, maybe Brown).

More “Wake Forest” scenario would be that we get Cole Anthony, he immediate suffers a Kyrie-like season ending injury, the rest of the team improves enough to get us to the bubble where we are last 4 out, Wellman unretires and extends Manning’s contract due to indisputable progress and THEN the entire team leaves.

Because you know you want it:

PG: Chill 30; Wright 4; Neath 6
SG: White 20 Wright 16; Johnson/Massoud 4
SF: Brown 28; Massoud 10; Wynn 2
PF: Hoard 28; Mucius 10; Oguama 2
C: Sarr 28; Coleman 8; Okeke/Oguama 4

But you know if Johnson stays he plays 12 minutes a game somehow. I swear he reminds of Rip Hamilton without the basketball skillz

Mucious will play more than that and keep jacking up threes. Hopefully, he will improve his shooting and get stronger.

I hope I never get this way. If we get (miraculously) get Anthony and keep Hoard along with everyone else, I'll be pulling for the Deacs and hoping the success leads to a run of recruiting success.

I hope I never get this way. If we get (miraculously) get Anthony and keep Hoard along with everyone else, I'll be pulling for the Deacs and hoping the success leads to a run of recruiting success.

Manning will still be a moron.

Manning will still be a moron.

Yup. We'll still be stuck with a team that plays way below the sum of it's parts. We'd need to recruit at a Duke level and then hope we could compete for the top 1/2 of the conference. For evidence, look no further than our 10th place finish at 9-9 just two seasons ago with one of the most efficient players in the nation and a team with multiple players now making a living playing the game.

Last edited:
We will still have a starting PG that will play about 38 minute a game that is a career sub 40% shooter and has an assist to turnover ratio of 1.5/1.

So we will still suck.

We will still have a starting PG that will play about 38 minute a game that is a career sub 40% shooter and has an assist to turnover ratio of 1.5/1.

So we will still suck.
We were 336 in the nation in average assists last year. It's pitiful.

So we will still suck.

Yes, I have been saying this! Agreed

Back