• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I believe it stops after about 30 seconds in the northern Atlantic waters as your body just shuts down, assuming you let it

It is not quite that bad. In 30-32 degree water (sea water freezes at a lower temperature than fresh water but I forget the exact number) with no protective clothing you can expect to be conscious for 10-15 minutes and dead in 30-60 minutes, assuming a floatation device that prevents drowning.

Discussion of the ineptitude of Wake Forest basketball may now resume.

We are just floating aimlessly in the urine-warm Caribbean waters with no hope of reaching shore, nor a merciful end. Unwiped with the constant torture of being stung by jellyfish, wishing it would all end. We can only dream of the good luck of the Titanic victims.

I'll give it to Manning, he's recruited walk-ons pretty well.

Oh heavens yes he is the best ACC walk-on recruiter to ever strut the sidelines on Tobacco road. What more could one wish for other than the great White shark of coach K or Roy to just come and swallow us whole to put us all out of our collective misery.

So, only one commit (non-ranked guard with no recruiting page) for 2020? 😂😂

I used to check this thread every couple hours - I think this is the first time I've opened it in months. Thanks Ron!

giphy.gif

His dad had a nice NBA career and is running the G-League if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder if he's being groomed to replace Adam Silver in a decade or so.

ACC Sports Journal is now out with their Summer 2019 Recruiting guide. For Wake Forest, they list us with the #11 class in the ACC and the #59 class nationally. We have zero 4* or 5* and four 3*

We have a 2020 commitment of Djimon Bailey, unranked combo guard from Wilson, NC, 6'5" 170 lb with a best skill of versatility
We have as our top targets--Karim Mane, 4* point guard from Montreal, Justice Ajogbor, 4* center from Arden, NC, Josh Hall, 4* small forward from Hickory, NC, Lynn Greer III, 4* point guard from Philly & Ebenezer Dowuona, 4* center from Newman, GA. They list a "best bet" for Josh Hall as we have worked him heavily.

ACC Sports Journal is now out with their Summer 2019 Recruiting guide. For Wake Forest, they list us with the #11 class in the ACC and the #59 class nationally. We have zero 4* or 5* and four 3*

We have a 2020 commitment of Djimon Bailey, unranked combo guard from Wilson, NC, 6'5" 170 lb with a best skill of versatility
We have as our top targets--Karim Mane, 4* point guard from Montreal, Justice Ajogbor, 4* center from Arden, NC, Josh Hall, 4* small forward from Hickory, NC, Lynn Greer III, 4* point guard from Philly & Ebenezer Dowuona, 4* center from Newman, GA. They list a "best bet" for Josh Hall as we have worked him heavily.

Karim Mane has Kentucky interest, so I sense that is a pipe dream, along with almost all the other guys. Josh Hall is a consensus top 50 player who has an upside comparison of Kevin Durant. Would love to see him at Wake, but I won't hold my breath. Lynn Greer is very interested in playing for University of Florida or staying home in the Philadelphia area. Between the 2 centers, I like Dowuona more. Dowuona's brother plays for Purdue, so he's got it in the family, plus Duwuona is a better run/jump athlete who dominates lesser competition. Ajogbor got known playing with Jalen Lecque a couple years ago, and he is a big old-school center who shoots a somewhat unattractive jump hook that still goes in. More of a back to the basket type and less suited for todays type of basketball. That being said, landing any top 150 players would be a pleasant surprise at this point, especially Hall who is right up there with Jaden Springer fighting for top player from NC status.

Speaking of Jalen Lecque, he was undrafted but had a strong Summer League for the Suns.

Back