• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I can think of two, maybe three in the last thirty years. Some became great players but did little as freshman. Most were like the current freshmen. You can see they will be ACC players, but not now.

I guess we have different requirements for not sucking as a frosh. In the past 30 years......Rodney, Chill, R'OK, Songaila, Gray, CP3, Teague, JJ, & AFA all averaged in double digits as frosh. In addition, Duncan, Woods, J-Ho, EW, & CJ Harris were frosh starters & solid contributors on NCAA tourney teams. Certainly all got better as upperclassmen (except R'OK) but they were far from sucking as frosh.

Findlay Prep's next two games will be on ESPN3. Tomorrow (Friday) at 7:55pm against First Love Christian, and Saturday at 1:30pm again IMG Academy. Hoping Jamie Lewis is able to play. Still don't think he's suited up this year.

Findlay Prep's next two games will be on ESPN3. Tomorrow (Friday) at 7:55pm against First Love Christian, and Saturday at 1:30pm again IMG Academy. Hoping Jamie Lewis is able to play. Still don't think he's suited up this year.

Wouldn't count on it

not sure where else to put this but that UCF guy Matt Williams that was supposed to transfer here then stayed at UCF actually got some NBA PT with the Heat this season

not sure where else to put this but that UCF guy Matt Williams that was supposed to transfer here then stayed at UCF actually got some NBA PT with the Heat this season

Riding high after the UCF national championship.

Did we ever get confirmation on why he’s out? What’d he hurt?

Hoard had 24 in an 88-64 win

I was at the game at Calvary and I can say that the Deacs have never recruited anyone like Hoard. In all my years watching Wake there is nobody that I can compare him to. The one word that describes him is smooth. He plays the game effortless and is almost too unselfish. He could have scored another 10-15 points but many times opted for assists.

The major problem I see with his development this year at Wesleyen is that he is basically playing the 5 position. During the entire game last night I do not recall his ever taking a single jump shot. All of his baskets were around the rim.

The only flaw last night, and in reviewing his past box scores, seems to be free throw shooting. Last night he made his first 2 then missed 4 in a row.

By the way, Calvary has a scrappy team and hung with Wesleyan for awhile. They have good shooters and actually beat Rusty Larue's West Forsyth team last week.

Calvary has a 6' 3" kid named Gross that(pardon my phrasing) does not have "white-man's disease". The kid has a great vertical leap and even blocked Hoard on one shot.

Seriously, how hard is it for sportswriters to get a Jamie Lewis update? Kids gotta be on the twitter or someone can call the kids coach.. Wake have a gag order or something????

I know he's not there now, someone should check around in his hometown & with his old AAU teams. There is a friend or family member out there who knows what is going on.

Jamie Lewis up there with the Norseman and that dude from Rocky Mount as most mysterious recruits ever. Are we sure Jamie Lewis actually exists? Feels like we been catfished, boys.

It’s pretty disheartening to not be able to see him play. There is a reason he was a top 100 recruit, but at this stage of development, playing real games is massive. Hope he heals soon.

Jamie Lewis up there with the Norseman and that dude from Rocky Mount as most mysterious recruits ever. Are we sure Jamie Lewis actually exists? Feels like we been catfished, boys.

Who was the dude from Rocky Mount?

Back