• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Kids form impressions of schools at a much earlier age (10-12) than they can be recruited. Danny is just now starting to recruit from the pool of kids who got impressions of Wake with him coaching, not his predecessor. In his first few years, he was recruiting uphill against the impression that Wake was a mess.

Now kids see a decent brand of basketball that has slowly been getting better. He now also has the John Collins from three star to the league arrow in his quiver. Recruiting is getting better, as the rankings of several of the 2018 guys are the highest Wake has had in many years.

Wright seems more like a potentially rich man's aron rountree

Yeah low risk, high reward take in the current college basketball landscape. Either he turns out to be good enough to play ball in the ACC or he transfers after two years.

Just heard from someone that Sharone is still expected to grow (he's a touch over 6'5 now), but is going to be playing a PG/CG/SG role in college for Wake. One of the reasons he chose Wake was because he wants to continue to play the guard position in college. We should have one of the larger and more athletic teams in the country in a year or two.

Scouting growth plates??? Manning is playing chess while all the other fools are playing checkers.

I'll play the Jamaal Levy card to finish out the versatile, skinny, poor outside shooting former player comparisons

Sharone is listed at 6'5, 200. That's pretty solid for a beginning HS senior. I love Jamaal but I'm not sure he weighed 200 at any time. On Jamaal's side, he was in the Top 40 in his class. If Sharone can explode like, we will love it.

FWIW, I’ve compared like 3 recruits in the last few years to LD Williams. I just really want another LD Williams. That alley oop throw down vs Ga Tech still hits me in the feels.

Sharone reminds me of the kind of guards that Syracuse signs who just cause all sorts of problems on the defensive end.

Sharone is very athletic and can be a good defender with his length and quickness but will score mostly by getting to the rim as he is not currently a good shooter. This year he is shooting 30% from three and 65% FT's so hopefully he can improve his shot by the time he gets here. Still excited to have an athletic, competitive, and long CG in the fold

Not likely to improve his shooting much at this point.

Shooting is one thing you can definitely improve upon. There are lots of players who have improved their shooting. It's the one thing you can practice alone.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slamonline.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fbruce_bowen_fb.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slamonline.com%2Fnba%2Fbruce-bowen-zaza-pachulia-intentionally-tried-injure-kawhi-leonard%2F&docid=5aCWGsi3bmLUbM&tbnid=0D4SETlIpgJcZM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjVwPGE7s3YAhXKRt8KHXXdDu0QMwg-KAEwAQ..i&w=1290&h=720&bih=673&biw=1366&q=bruce%20bowen&ved=0ahUKEwjVwPGE7s3YAhXKRt8KHXXdDu0QMwg-KAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

imgres

Last edited:
Wright is being compared to Murray and LD. He’s obviously not known for his outside shooting and he is a senior in HS. He might improve a lot. He probably will improve some when he gets to WF. But it’s not LIKELY that he will improve a LOT(significantly). That doesn’t mean he won’t be a good player for us. But it’s not likely he will become a Justin Gray or Craig Dawson and be known as a shooter.

There are lots of examples of people becoming much better shooters. No one is saying Sharone will become Craig or Steph, but if works hard at it, he could become a 35-40% three point shooter.

Back