• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I don’t think the loss to HBU has anything to do with it.

Seems like it’s been Seton Hall for a long time, with Pitt making the decision more difficult lately.

To me the tea leaves say that Samuel was headed to Wake, and that our loss to Houston Baptist has given him pause (rightfully so).

I doubt any recruit cares about a single game embarrassing loss, however if the team's performance gives rise to speculation that the coaching staff is in it last season , I assume that would kill any chances with quality recruits, which may be what you were implying. I believe that's why we lost Isaac Haas to Purdue the last time around.

I doubt any recruit cares about a single game embarrassing loss, however if the team's performance gives rise to speculation that the coaching staff is in it last season , I assume that would kill any chances with quality recruits, which may be what you were implying. I believe that's why we lost Isaac Haas to Purdue the last time around.

Wasn't the story that Rusty and [Redacted] got lax in terms of continuing to recruit him after his verbal? Painter just flipped the kid and we were caught on our heels before we even realized the verbal commitment was in jeopardy. I don't think that one had anything to do with an impending coaching change.

Wasn't the story that Rusty and [Redacted] got lax in terms of continuing to recruit him after his verbal? Painter just flipped the kid and we were caught on our heels before we even realized the verbal commitment was in jeopardy. I don't think that one had anything to do with an impending coaching change.

Nope, he read the boards and saw that posters here were making fun of his hat and we all hated the coach so he went to Perdue instead.

I could be proven wrong, but I've been saying over on my site now for a couple weeks that Tyrese Samuel is likely not coming to Wake. That being said, I'm not sure what his holdup was last night, tho I was told by someone that his intention was to announce and sign yesterday, not completely understanding (I guess) that the early signing period is already over.

I could be proven wrong, but I've been saying over on my site now for a couple weeks that Tyrese Samuel is likely not coming to Wake. That being said, I'm not sure what his holdup was last night, tho I was told by someone that his intention was to announce and sign yesterday, not completely understanding (I guess) that the early signing period is already over.

What about Bilau?

Well let's just say Wake and QEA do not get along and he has changed to a different school so....... IMO he is a done deal to Wake
If Wake and QEA don't get along, why do we keep recruiting kids out of there and the other, somewhat related, fake school down here in Charlotte?

So where is he enrolled and playing ball now?

If Wake and QEA don't get along, why do we keep recruiting kids out of there and the other, somewhat related, fake school down here in Charlotte?

Desperation

It appears that Josephat Bilau tweeted "new beginnings" at Spire Academy on Nov 21. There are seven university logos in the background of the pic with the tweet.

I have not heard of Spire Academy or Spire Institute before this. Both names are in the tweet.

It appears that Josephat Bilau tweeted "new beginnings" at Spire Academy on Nov 21. There are seven university logos in the background of the pic with the tweet.

I have not heard of Spire Academy or Spire Institute before this. Both names are in the tweet.
Lol, says he's a "New Signing".

How the hell are athletic scholarships funded at these sports academies anyway?

Lol, says he's a "New Signing".

How the hell are athletic scholarships funded at these sports academies anyway?

The words appear to be "New Signing" in the Spire pic. The words in his tweet are "New Beginnings." He could have used other words. The timing of this transfer with the comment about Wake and QEA above sounds good for Wake.

Just bring in the rest of the French U-19 team.

The words appear to be "New Signing" in the Spire pic. The words in his tweet are "New Beginnings." He could have used other words. The timing of this transfer with the comment about Wake and QEA above sounds good for Wake.

Just bring in the rest of the French U-19 team.
Yeah, my commentary was more around the fact that a high school student is "signing" to play anywhere before he gets to college anyway.

Seems like a higher profile fake school than QEA and he just tweeted another offer. Despite whatever issues there are between Wake and QEA, I don't see moving from Winston to Ohio as a guaranteed indication of his commitment to Wake. Wouldn't be too surprising should he decide to see what the exposure of playing with LaMelo brings his way as far as new offers.

Last edited:
Back