• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Then ours is still not in the photo.
You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to note how the photo was staged.

I think he's actually trying to push these kids to Georgia Tech!

Watched most of Neath’s videos including the league championship game. He is great when he plays hard, but he seems to take a lot of pays off. Fixing that will take coaching(?). Excellent court vision & passing and strong. Kind of a Codi with a better outside shot.
Someone asked about Sharone. My favorite player off of this years team. I hope he stays. He has the highest ceiling of any one on the team-IMO.

Yeah, I have to think there is zero chance Harris comes to Wake Forest. It'd be nice, but I think that ship has sailed.

The sooner Hoard makes up his mind about leaving, the sooner we can use his scholly on a terrible graduate big.

Definitely not after he sees that Neath mix tape highlight reel.

Danny Manning has no plan. 1 scholarship open and is recruiting this guy, Anthony Harris, a few different grad transfers. Not targeting a specific position or specific type of player, just trying to fill out the roster with anyone who will come to his shit show. Fuck Danny Manning, what a waste.

In fairness, the guy decommitted from Penn State because he had such a good senior year that he had better options.

You know way more about recruiting than I do, but this guy seems like someone who might actually help in 2019-20.

Unfortunately, it’s more likely that he’ll be helping NCSU or someone else.

Is Wake a better option than Penn State though?

Is Wake a better option than Penn State though?

He’s from NC and had no interest from in-state schools until recently. So yes, I think Wake is better than Penn State.

But more broadly? It’s probably a wash now.

I expect him to go elsewhere. Seems like NCSU to me.

In fairness, the guy decommitted from Penn State because he had such a good senior year that he had better options.

You know way more about recruiting than I do, but this guy seems like someone who might actually help in 2019-20.

Unfortunately, it’s more likely that he’ll be helping NCSU or someone else.

He could play a stretch 4 in the ACC, but the reason I can't stand Danny is because there is no sense of a plan to his recruiting. He's not building a team, he's throwing a bunch of darts at the board and trying to connect the dots.

Originally had a lot of interest in WF but now that UNC and UVa are in the mix it is hard to say what he will do.

I think our next (last?) big man to commit would be Tariq Ingraham

A lot of mid major offers to go along with K State, Nova, and Maryland, based on 247. Offer list better than his 400 ranking.
I don't see a Maryland offer. And according to his timeline, there hasn't been much recent interest from anyone good. Thinking some of those "good" offers might be from a while ago.

I don't see a Maryland offer. And according to his timeline, there hasn't been much recent interest from anyone good. Thinking some of those "good" offers might be from a while ago.

You’re right. I looked at it wrong.

Probably true. That 300-400 range is our ne sweet spot

You’re right. I looked at it wrong.

Probably true. That 300-400 range is our ne sweet spot

By no means am I advocating for this approach, but have you all seen this tweet that has been going around regarding the Texas Tech starting 5 and their recruiting rankings?

Texas Tech starting 5
Tariq Owens - 185th in 2014 3⭐️
Jarrett Culver - 312th in 2017 2⭐️
Davide Moretti- 132nd in 2017 3⭐️
Norense Odiase - 358th in 2014 2⭐️
Matt Mooney- Unranked 0⭐️

I wonder what the difference is between our 300+ ranked players and theirs?

Back