• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Effort needs to be focused on areas and recruits that optimize the reward for effort expended. Put the most recruiting effort into wooing the best guys who are likely to come to Wake. Put less effort into guys less likely to come to Wake and guys who are less likely to be big contributors if they come to Wake.

Wake has (in the past) significant success recruiting guys in the 50 - 150 range. With a steady pipeline of guys at those levels, big pushes into the top 25 guys don't hurt so much. Even success in getting top 25 players doesn't always guarantee success (e.g. AT&T class).

He is putting the effort into the only guys that are considering Wake at this point. That would be 350 or higher.
Also let's offer some top 30 guys because "why not", some kids are bad at making decisions.

Yep, we need to focus on the 50-150 type players with the occasional top50 player thrown in, question is who will replace Manning to do this?

FYI, Jaylen Hoard's first pro game Tues night at 10:30 EST vs Denver....

the only reason i still open this thread is to have hope that a top tier recruit publicly questions how dumb manning appeared to them

Honestly, from what little video is out there he looks like a decent prospect. Good size.

Plenty of legit names on him... Just no offers yet. Class of 2021.

24/7 has him at #171

2 years ago he was a big uncoordinated doofus

Yes, there has been some improvement, mainly due to his ability to actually get above the rim now, but he still is not a good prospect for an ACC school.

As a comparison of a player I'd consider a big athlete, somewhat lacking basketball skill, but making up for it with size and effort at the C position: (Jr. year highlights with a composite ranking around 60 at the time, has risen since)

"whos that big center down there? he looks promising...oh wait is that manning checking him out...we're good!"

The last Kentucky recruit I remember got homesick and went home to play at Pike Community College. (Todd Maye....friend of Mark Cline).

After reading some on him, I bet this kid gets more D1 offers.

Back