• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

That's not why JT and JJ stayed for two years. They wouldn't have been first round picks after their frosh years.

while this is true...its the same thing hoard was TOLD by every scout in the league...whats the difference? and you cant say danny because he was seen as the reason jalen came to wake, along with being close to olivier

while this is true...its the same thing hoard was TOLD by every scout in the league...whats the difference? and you cant say danny because he was seen as the reason jalen came to wake, along with being close to olivier

You said it was about their affection for Wake. It had nothing to do with that.

You said it was about their affection for Wake. It had nothing to do with that.

let me ask you this...why did hoard leave after 1 season at wake? if the answer is because "he didnt like his situation." then there is nothing wrong with not giving a damn about him

I wasn't responding to anything about Hoard only your mischaracterization of JT and JJ.

let me ask you this...why did hoard leave after 1 season at wake? if the answer is because "he didnt like his situation." then there is nothing wrong with not giving a damn about him
I didn't like his situation either. That's on Wellman and Manning. I'm rooting like hell for Hoard now that he's extracted himself from the mess they created.

I wasn't responding to anything about Hoard only your mischaracterization of JT and JJ.

if they did not enjoy wake or their opportunity they would have gone elsewhere after their freshmen seasons

If only you'd take your own advice.

i do usually...but i also realize how stupid some of yall look trying to back up something with bullshit logic. i love wake more than any team in any sport...doesnt mean im blind

if they did not enjoy wake or their opportunity they would have gone elsewhere after their freshmen seasons

Not if they didn't have a guaranteed contract waiting for them.

They certainly weren't going to transfer to another college and sit out a year.

It's OK to admit you are wrong.

Not if they didn't have a guaranteed contract waiting for them.

They certainly weren't going to transfer to another college and sit out a year.

It's OK to admit you are wrong.

you speak like you know them personally..sure times were a bit different, but if they didnt want to be at wake they didnt have to be. ill gladly admit when im wrong, but in this instance i am not.

If they didn't have a legitimate opportunity to being in the NBA, their only other choice was to transfer which would have been completely counterproductive.

Neither of them were projected first round picks coming out of HS like Hoard was. JT's highest ranking in HS was about #50. Each has nice frosh years but nothing special. They had nothing to fall back on.

I now understand reason doesn't enter to this as you have staked out a position.

If they didn't have a legitimate opportunity to being in the NBA, their only other choice was to transfer which would have been completely counterproductive.

Neither of them were projected first round picks coming out of HS like Hoard was. JT's highest ranking in HS was about #50. Each has nice frosh years but nothing special. They had nothing to fall back on.

I now understand reason doesn't enter to this as you have staked out a position.

ill say it again..if they didnt want to be at wake, they both had opportunities to go anywhere they wanted to play not named wake. same with aminu for that matter, who very well could have gone pro after his freshman year, yet chose to come back.

much more respect for all three of them than some bum that lead us to a shit season with no intention of ever helping wake

Aminu did have an opportunity to leave and be a lottery pick after his frosh year. I was stunned he stayed.

But are absolutely wrong about JT or JJ have a legit shot at the NBA after their frosh year.

Aminu did have an opportunity to leave and be a lottery pick after his frosh year. I was stunned he stayed.

But are absolutely wrong about JT or JJ have a legit shot at the NBA after their frosh year.

i didnt say they did have a shot....i said if they did not want to be at wake, they could have left. any team in the country would have taken them. i dont know why you cant understand this...but still derailing from my point. wake fans dont need to give a damn about a player who didnt give a damn about wake

You are the Braves’ first inning of posters

Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called! They’re running out of YOU!

Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called! They’re running out of YOU!

where is this jerk store you speak of? not the same one RJ spends his late afternoons at i hope. youre talking about the stores that offer happy endings right?

i didnt say they did have a shot....i said if they did not want to be at wake, they could have left. any team in the country would have taken them. i dont know why you cant understand this...but still derailing from my point. wake fans dont need to give a damn about a player who didnt give a damn about wake

You can't be this dense. Can you?

If they went to another school they would have to sit out a year and not played. This would have hurt their futures.

It has less than nothing to do with them liking or not liking Wake.

JT and JJ had the same shot at being a 1st round draft pick after their first year as Hoard did - which is to say none. They stayed, he didn't. Why? I don't know them so I can't say.

Back