• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

I thought for a second that "Cal" referred to UK and Calipari. Nope. Cal-Berkley.

Wake alumni?

hoard contributed nothing to this program other than negative rep on the recruiting trail. maybe we lose 2 more games on top of the 20+ without him last year...either way he never gave wake a chance at keeping him longer than a year. he didnt lead us in any shape or form. he got worse by playing for us....i can continue if you want me to

Neg rep on the recruiting trail? Did i miss something? Hard to fault a kid getting worse under manning's shit show.

As a comparison of a player I'd consider a big athlete, somewhat lacking basketball skill, but making up for it with size and effort at the C position: (Jr. year highlights with a composite ranking around 60 at the time, has risen since)

Uhh yeah. That's why one player is rated #171 and the one you pointed out is 60 or above.

hoard contributed nothing to this program other than negative rep on the recruiting trail. maybe we lose 2 more games on top of the 20+ without him last year...either way he never gave wake a chance at keeping him longer than a year. he didnt lead us in any shape or form. he got worse by playing for us....i can continue if you want me to

So refreshing to hear such an expert on recruiting spouting positive vibes. Thanks for the expertise.

Neg rep on the recruiting trail? Did i miss something? Hard to fault a kid getting worse under manning's shit show.

hoard was seen by ALOT of scouts as a lottery pick coming out of high school...he went to wake and look what happened. highest recruit we have had in 10 years and he plays himself into a late pick...you cant spin that positively in any way to a talented prospect in his junior/senior year...not when top programs are doing the exact opposite..and you're welcome guy

Looking like third or worse with the "deciding between Minnesota and California" line. Sounds like his decision will be made long before he gets to his Wake visit.

hoard was seen by ALOT of scouts as a lottery pick coming out of high school...he went to wake and look what happened. highest recruit we have had in 10 years and he plays himself into a late pick...you cant spin that positively in any way to a talented prospect in his junior/senior year...not when top programs are doing the exact opposite..and you're welcome guy

He didn’t get picked at all. Doesn’t mean we can’t root for him.

Hoard played 7 mins, had 2 rbds, 1 ast, and 2 pts vs Nuggets in a 105-94 loss.

He didn’t get picked at all. Doesn’t mean we can’t root for him.

even worse! never said I wouldn't cheer for him...but i could care less about him. he used wake as a stepping stone. itd be one thing if he actually contributed to the program in a postive way...like at all

I don't feel any real connection with Hoard because the team had limited success with him, he has a background personality, and he was only at Wake for 10 months maybe. I don't wish him any ill will though.

I don't feel any real connection with Hoard because the team had limited success with him, he has a background personality, and he was only at Wake for 10 months maybe. I don't wish him any ill will though.

exactly how I feel about him

even worse! never said I wouldn't cheer for him...but i could care less about him. he used wake as a stepping stone. itd be one thing if he actually contributed to the program in a postive way...like at all

I have news for you. The vast majority of basketball commits are trying to use Wake as a stepping stone.

Also, I'm not sure Hoard "played himself into a late (*undrafted) pick"... I'm pretty sure it was more that was coached into that.

Hoard will never make my top 10 favorite Deacs list for basically your reasoning (he was here too short a time and made too small of an impact), but he was still a Deac I won't effectively disavow him as if he never came here.

I have news for you. The vast majority of basketball commits are trying to use Wake as a stepping stone.

Also, I'm not sure Hoard "played himself into a late (*undrafted) pick"... I'm pretty sure it was more that was coached into that.

Hoard will never make my top 10 favorite Deacs list for basically your reasoning (he was here too short a time and made too small of an impact), but he was still a Deac I won't effectively disavow him as if he never came here.

In a decade or so, Hoard will simply be a footnote in the story of Danny Manning's tenure at Wake, for the reasons noted above. The only caveat is if he becomes an NBA all-star, then he will have a more prominent place in the story.

That could possibly work as a WF recruiting jingle... I can hear it now... "Come to wake in hopes of becoming a GOAT....but the only thing you will ever be is a Danny Manning footnote....."

Just need to piece the lyrics with the right tune???

I knew this was going to happen with the first post, but just to add clarity

im sorry...how many past recruits have we had that stated they were only staying one year regardless of how that year goes? shit even teague/james johnson cared enough about the school to stay 2 years...aminu as well

im sorry...how many past recruits have we had that stated they were only staying one year regardless of how that year goes? shit even teague/james johnson cared enough about the school to stay 2 years...aminu as well

That's not why JT and JJ stayed for two years. They wouldn't have been first round picks after their frosh years.

Back