• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

QUOTE=deaclite;3455855]Didn’t see CD but Skip was the best I have seen over many years.[/QUOTE]

Skip was awesome (2nd best, IMO)......but let's make one thing clear: Charlie Davis was, is, and will forever be #1 on this list. This discussion just only be about the order of players from #2 and below.

Some things to always keep in mind:

1) CD averaged 25 ppg FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER at WF.
2) There was no 3-point line. CD might well have averaged 30 ppg with a 3-point line.
3) Freshmen were not eligible when CD played and teams only played a 25-game regular season schedule. (It's 30 now)
4). WF never made the shortened 25-team NCAAT & the ACC didn't go to the shortened NIT, either.
5) Therefore, CD only played 79 games at WF......and still scored 1,970 points.
6). With freshman eligibility, a 3-point line, a 30-game schedule & some post-season play CD might have scored 3,500 pts.
7). More CD trivia: CD scored 41 points in his very first game at WF (the Old Gold & Black Game where the freshmen played the varsity in pre-season). Playing for the freshmen, CD made 61 of his first 64 free throws at WF.

I remember George Lehmann from the Carolina Cougars. Knew he played at Campbell, but had no knowledge of his Wake Forest connection. Probably not advertised since he apparently did not leave under the best of circumstances.

I remember George Lehmann from the Carolina Cougars. Knew he played at Campbell, but had no knowledge of his Wake Forest connection. Probably not advertised since he apparently did not leave under the best of circumstances.

Nothing so very unusual today, but back then. Not related to drugs, a social event. Top player on a loaded freshman team with F Christie, B Hassell, R Carmichael,

Last edited:
QUOTE=deaclite;3455855]Didn’t see CD but Skip was the best I have seen over many years.

Skip was awesome (2nd best, IMO)......but let's make one thing clear: Charlie Davis was, is, and will forever be #1 on this list. This discussion just only be about the order of players from #2 and below.

Some things to always keep in mind:

1) CD averaged 25 ppg FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER at WF.
2) There was no 3-point line. CD might well have averaged 30 ppg with a 3-point line.
3) Freshmen were not eligible when CD played and teams only played a 25-game regular season schedule. (It's 30 now)
4). WF never made the shortened 25-team NCAAT & the ACC didn't go to the shortened NIT, either.
5) Therefore, CD only played 79 games at WF......and still scored 1,970 points.
6). With freshman eligibility, a 3-point line, a 30-game schedule & some post-season play CD might have scored 3,500 pts.
7). More CD trivia: CD scored 41 points in his very first game at WF (the Old Gold & Black Game where the freshmen played the varsity in pre-season). Playing for the freshmen, CD made 61 of his first 64 free throws at WF.[/QUOTE]

Charlie would have easily averaged 30 ppg with a three point line.

Sorry to interrupt this riveting trip down memory lane with recruiting news...

Doesn’t look like we have much of a chance with Ryan Mutumbo.

for the "shooting alone in a gym" type of shooter, I'd feel pretty good about my chances with Craig Dawson

George Lehman

When I was in the 7th grade, I attended Campbell's basketball Camp. George Lehman was the free throw instructor. He talked (instructed) on form, including feet position, posture, index finger placement, ball space between palm, etc, the entire time while making 50 FTs straight.

If we can't fire this jack ass because of money he absolutely should have his recruiting budget cut entirely.

When I was in the 7th grade, I attended Campbell's basketball Camp. George Lehman was the free throw instructor. He talked (instructed) on form, including feet position, posture, index finger placement, ball space between palm, etc, the entire time while making 50 FTs straight.

I remember his instructional segments between halves of the CD Chesley broadcasts one (or was it 2) season.

Sorry to interrupt this riveting trip down memory lane with recruiting news...

Johnson has one other P6 offer, Seton Hall. That is slightly encouraging but the lack of offers from Virginia schools such as VT, ODU, VCU, and Richmond gives me pause.

Former Wake target Jalen Johnson transferring from the Vols. He played at WCA and is from Durham so maybe there would be some mutual interest. According to Rick Barnes "he helped establish the culture here." {presented without comment}

Would be a huge get for Manning. Can replace Sarr and not miss a beat.

Would be a huge get for Manning. Can replace Sarr and not miss a beat.

6-6 is not exactly a one for one replacement of 7-0 and long.

E.J. is not the build of player Manning has been recruiting.
Manning big recruiting has favored guys built like himself, long and slender. He has seemed to stay away from Barkely types.

Last edited:
Back