• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Pretty sure he was joking.

Of course, it doesn't fucking matter. Manning could somehow get John Collins to come back for another season and we'd still suck.

6-6 is not exactly a one for one replacement of 7-0 and long.

E.J. is not the build of player Manning has been recruiting.
Manning big recruiting has favored guys built like himself, long and slender. He has seemed to stay away from Barkely types.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. When you finish last place with an All-ACC big man, replacing him or not won't matter as last place is the inevitable destination. Also for a kid to have one season to play major ball and opt to go to Wake over Gonzaga & Louisville just isn't going to happen.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. When you finish last place with an All-ACC big man, replacing him or not won't matter as last place is the inevitable destination. Also for a kid to have one season to play major ball and opt to go to Wake over Gonzaga & Louisville just isn't going to happen.

***Unless he gets the patented grad transfer playing time guarantee from Manning!

Pretty sure he was joking.

Of course, it doesn't fucking matter. Manning could somehow get John Collins to come back for another season and we'd still suck.

Danny would play him 22 min a game to avoid foul trouble.

Interesting that Sharone Wright Junior has yet to enter the transfer portal. While there is still time, 446 players have entered, and by entering, a player is not foreclosed from returning to his school. So, you can enter to just gauge interest, and SWJ hasn't taken that step. This is relevant to recruiting because WF is currently at the 13 scholly limit if only Wynn leaves and with 4 players inked to LOIs (realize that there has been scuttlebutt that Sarr may go pro).

Have to think that once we know for sure about Manning, things will change rapidly.

Honestly, we're probably at the point where WFU players are going to make decisions regardless of that outcome.

His family is going through a lot now. That could factor into it.

Have to think that once we know for sure about Manning, things will change rapidly.

Honestly, we're probably at the point where WFU players are going to make decisions regardless of that outcome.

I would think so. Perhaps, there will be a mad dash to the portal if/when an announcement is made, but the fact that the season has been over for 15 days, and only Wynn has entered, makes it less likely WF will have massive attrition regardless of how the head coaching spot plays out.

Under-recruited NC senior who is uncommitted. Would be worth a shot in Wynn's spot if no grad transfers come in based on size and athleticism.

I think Manning will be our coach in the 2020-21 Season. Wake leadership must be thinking why fire Manning and then potentially have to pay 2 coaches with no play. If there is a 50% chance that coronavirus is lingering in the fall or comes back without a cure, I would assume there is no basketball or basketball with no fans in the arenas. I don’t think many colleges want to hire a coach and their staff now and pay them as well as the staff they fired. Moreover, any coach you hire now will not be coaching for the foreseeable future (next several months). I would also assume most universities will error on keeping their existing coaches until there is greater clarity about next season.

I think Manning will be our coach in the 2020-21 Season. Wake leadership must be thinking why fire Manning and then potentially have to pay 2 coaches with no play. If there is a 50% chance that coronavirus is lingering in the fall or comes back without a cure, I would assume there is no basketball or basketball with no fans in the arenas. I don’t think many colleges want to hire a coach and their staff now and pay them as well as the staff they fired. Moreover, any coach you hire now will not be coaching for the foreseeable future (next several months). I would also assume most universities will error on keeping their existing coaches until there is greater clarity about next season.

Also, I wonder if coaches have a pandemic clause in their contracts where universities can reduce their pay if there is no pay. If the case, another reason not to buy out Manning’s contract in the short term.

Also, I wonder if coaches have a pandemic clause in their contracts where universities can reduce their pay if there is no play. If the case, another reason not to buy out Manning’s contract in the short term.

Also, I wonder if coaches have a pandemic clause in their contracts where universities can reduce their pay if there is no play. If the case, another reason not to buy out Manning’s contract in the short term.

You mean like the zombie clause? Where if they turn into a zombie and try and eat the team, we don't have to pay him?

JUCO credits must transfer more favorably relative to our new online curriculum.

JUCO credits must transfer more favorably relative to our new online curriculum.

His HS was Quality Education Academy. I can't find any information about whether he was qualified coming out of HS. That has been a Wake requirement for JuCo athletes.

EJ Anosike announces his decision today at noon.

It's between L'ville, UGA, TN, Gonzaga, G'town, BC and WF

His HS was Quality Education Academy. I can't find any information about whether he was qualified coming out of HS. That has been a Wake requirement for JuCo athletes.

That's the deep pit of fake academics that Manning loves to draw from. #Culture

Back